1

"I'm sorry to hear that, Reina."
that's a common phrase my therapist uses. Almost like a catchphrase. I'm telling her about my second episode this week.
"let me see if I'm getting this right." Dr. Hughes says.
"you began to hear whispering. Even without knowing what they said, you began to feel agitated with what they were telling you. Then, a dark fog surrounded you, and these creatures were attacking you. Attempting to fight them off, you punched several things in your room, waking up on the floor to bloody knuckles?"

"that's right." I say. Hughes gives me a look that says 'are you sure?' It's fucking annoying. I look to my bandaged knuckles, as my hearing turns to the Whispers in the back of my broken mind. I don't give Dr. Hughes the satisfaction of body language. I look her dead in the eyes, sitting still other than my twitching fingers.
"Describe the creatures you saw to me." Hughes says, ready to write on her clipboard.

"one of them was tall and thin." I think back, trying to remember. The truth is, they were moving too fast to see.
"the thin monster had a frowning face, crying poison. There was another one that was a shadowy orb, it was looking at me. Holding me still with its gaze."
"Mhm." Hughes writes on her paper. I'm not gonna pretend that her "take deep breaths and count backwards" methods will work. that's what she tells me to do every session. I don't know what I expected. She's only a high-school therapist. When the bell rings for lunch, I grab my stuff, and run out the door without saying goodbye.
The Whispers continue to talk nonstop. it leads to many outbursts in my classes. I used to have friends, but everyone started to avoid me after the...incident.
Maybe I'm meant to be isolated.