2

Not only will the Whispers not stay quiet, but I've grown a habit of peeling away at my hands. I feel sonething trickle and drip down my wrist. I look up, and turns out everyone else including the teacher has been trying to warn me. I look down, and chips of my skin sit on the table with bloody puddles on my clothes.
"Reina!" the teacher shouts at me slapping my desk with a ruler, making me flinch.
"What are you waiting for?! go to the nurse's office now!!"
I frantically stand up as the Whispers talk louder, causing my vision to nearly shut off. The Whispers used to say that their favorite color was the color of my blood. I get some paper towels so I don't drip on the floor.
The nurse isn't surprised to see me in the clinic. she puts gauze bandages on my bleeding red flesh, and calls my family to take me home. The thing about my family is that they never listen to me. Even with my fucked up mind, they overlook anything that happens. It's been like this since I had my first brain injury, when I was six years old. I hardly remember what happened, but the doctors said I suffered from blunt force trauma, caused by my brother. My parents say I fell down the stairs.
When my mother picks me up, she doesn't even look at me. She uses her "public" voice to speak to the nurses. My therapist is in the corner of my eye, talking to my mom. I see her hand a piece of paper to mother. The Whispers sound agitated by it, almost like they know what the paper is for.
When I finally drive away with my mom, the car ride is unbearably silent between us. The only thing I can sense is the blood from my hands bleed more into the tissues, as well as the Whispers.
"HEY. LOOK AT ME." my mother shouts, slamming the dashboard.

fuck. she was talking.
"DO YOU WANT TO BE SENT AWAY?! HUH?!" she screams.
"I don't know. It's not safe for me anywhere." I reply with a monotone voice.
"OH YOU'RE SO DRAMATIC. THERE IS NOTHING OUT TO GET YOU, REINA."

"Other than you and brother, Azaela." I say, not realizing it wasn't me who was moving my mouth. Mother swings her right hand, and backhands me. But I do not cry.
"NEVER CALL ME BY MY NAME, BRAT. I AM YOUR MOTHER!"
She sighs with frustration.
"the school wants to send you to a psych ward. Is that what you want? To be taken away from your family?!"
"To be quite honest, mother,--" I'm interrupted by another backhand.