Ordinary Day's

The world I returned to seemed ordinary, bathed in the warm glow of sunlight. My room gradually replaced the otherworldly grand chamber of the Seraphim Sanctuary where I had found myself. The encounter with the Seraphims lingered in my mind like fragments of a dream.

"What was that place?" I muttered to myself, attempting to reconcile the surreal experience with the reality of my room. Sitting up on my bed, I ran a hand through my disheveled hair, trying to make sense of the transition between worlds. Vivid memories of the Seraphim Sanctuary filled my thoughts: celestial beings, ethereal light, and Aria's cryptic words. However, the room around me was mundane—familiar furniture, sunlight streaming through the window, and the everyday sounds of life outside.

"Oh crap, I'm gonna be late for work. I'll think about that later."

I quickly shook off the lingering thoughts of the Seraphim Sanctuary, realizing the priorities of my current situation. Hastily, I got out of bed, my mind still processing the abrupt shift from the mystical realm to the ordinary routine of my daily life.

As I rushed to get ready for work, the memories of my encounter with the Seraphims continued to play in my mind like a surreal movie. The mundane tasks of getting dressed, grabbing a quick breakfast, and heading out the door seemed oddly juxtaposed with the otherworldly experiences I had just lived through.

Once on the bustling streets, I tried to push the extraordinary events to the back of my mind. The cityscape, the honking of horns, and the hurried footsteps of pedestrians grounded me in the reality of my urban existence. Yet, no matter how hard I tried to focus on my mundane responsibilities, I still couldn't get my mind off that place.

As the day progressed, I found myself counting down the hours until I could return home and unravel the enigma that had unexpectedly woven itself into the fabric of my reality. When I came home, I pondered what to do.

"Maybe I should give them a call to see if they even exist. Hmm, who should I call first? Oh, I know—I'll give her a call."

I found myself waiting in anticipation to see who would finally answer.

Finally, someone picked up.

"Hello, this is Cinquefoil Bloom Boutique. This is Quincy speaking. How can I help you?"

I hesitated for a moment. "Hi, I'm looking for someone named Chia. Would you by chance know her?"

Quincy responded, "Depends on who's asking."

It would be weird for a stranger to ask about her. We did meet in a rather unusual place; it would be weird to tell a stranger.

"I'm her boyfriend," I blurted out.

Ugh, why did I say that? Quincy's voice on the other end of the line took on a hint of curiosity. "Chia's boyfriend, huh? She hasn't mentioned having a boyfriend before. How did you two meet?"

I hesitated for a moment, deciding to alter the details of my encounter with Chia to make the story more believable.

"Umm, you see, we met at this art exhibition. It was a beautiful display of paintings, and we both happened to be admiring the same piece. We struck up a conversation about our shared appreciation for art, and it just clicked from there."

Quincy seemed satisfied with this more conventional explanation. "Ah, an art exhibition, huh? That sounds much more ordinary than I thought. Chia does love art. So, what can I help you with, Matthew?"

I breathed a sigh of relief, glad to have diverted Quincy's suspicion. "Anyways, I was checking on her; we're supposed to be going to the movies, and she wasn't picking up her phone. Is she available to speak?"