𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓

A Romeo and Juliet retelling, 

𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃...

He doesn't know when, but at some point 𝗠𝗘𝗥𝗖𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗢 fell in love with his best friend 𝗕𝗘𝗡𝗩𝗢𝗟𝗜𝗢. 

𝗠𝗘𝗥𝗖𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗢 has never been one to hide his feelings, but... this is different. He's never felt like this before. In fact, now that he thinks about it, he's pretty sure he's never been in love. Well, that is, before 𝗕𝗘𝗡𝗩𝗢𝗟𝗜𝗢 came along. 

...

At Verona High, you're either with them or against them. Who's them? Well, the Montagues and Capulets of course!

Most kids at Verona High are terrified of these two ruling groups, much preferring to stay in the shadows than to ever get caught up in their shenanigans. 

Led by the notorious 𝗧𝗬𝗕𝗔𝗟𝗧, the Capulets are well known for picking fights with the much less organized Montagues. However, 𝗝𝗨𝗟𝗜𝗘𝗧 believes she can change that. As her secret romance with 𝗥𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗢 grows, she learns more about the Montagues than she thought she ever would, and it changes her perspective on everything. But as her multitude of love adventures swells, so do her parents' suspicions. 

As her parents attempt to sift deeper into her love life, 𝗝𝗨𝗟𝗜𝗘𝗧 must work up a plan to avoid any chance of her parents discovering 𝗥𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗢, for their familial feud has never been stronger. 

𝗠𝗘𝗥𝗖𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗢 is dragged into her plan hastily, forced to help his friend by posing as 𝗝𝗨𝗟𝗜𝗘𝗧's lover. 𝗝𝗨𝗟𝗜𝗘𝗧 promises it won't last long, but it's already gone on far longer than any of them had thought it would. 𝗠𝗘𝗥𝗖𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗢 doesn't mind helping his friend, but he worries more and more as time goes by, his thoughts lingering on 𝗝𝗨𝗟𝗜𝗘𝗧's biggest rule:

He must tell no one the truth- not even 𝗕𝗘𝗡𝗩𝗢𝗟𝗜𝗢.