×[¤ 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 ¤]×

"You would have never thought that the man who turned your life around...

Would be the one you swore to destroy"

- x -

"All lines push forward!!"

Gepard yelled at his soldiers over the raging battle happening in the deepest parts of the Great Mine, commanding them to keep fighting. His expression hardened with determination as he braced himself, shielding himself as he ran deeper into danger, beating robots left and right.

He had received word of a growing robot threat by the civilian camps in the Great Mine and rushed over immediately with his troops. After quickly evacuating all the citizens they could find, he and his soldiers fought fearlessly to take down all the incoming robots. They seemed to spill in from everywhere without any sign of subsiding.

They had fought for hours and it seemed like the situation just kept growing grimmer and grimmer. After multiple close and anxiety-filled battles, the robots were eventually defeated and Gepard looked around, wiping the sweat off his brow as he surveyed all the broken parts that littered the ground.

Breathing heavily, he turned to address his soldiers who stood behind him, waiting for his next order. "Good work, everyone," he said with a brief nod. "Take another look around and make sure there aren't any robots hidi-"

Before he could finish his sentence, he felt the ground shake beneath his feet, and turned, wide eyed, to see a robot 3x his size storming towards him.

Hundreds of possible plans flew through his head, but as it got closer, he knew this robot would be extremely difficult to deal with. The air quickly heated up as the robot channeled flames from its core and threw it at Gepard's army. It started raining small pieces of flaming coal and Gepard grimaced as one hit him, burning straight through his armor.

"Everyone advance!" he commanded, mentally preparing himself for what was ahead. He was about to run towards it when one of his troops stopped him.

"Sir, look...!" a soldier exclaimed pointing ahead. Gepard followed the soldier's gaze and his eyes widened as he saw a little girl trembling before the massive, flaming robot. She was stuck in place, too paralyzed by fear to make a run for it.

Without taking even a second to hesitate, Gepard sprinted towards the girl, running as fast as he could to reach her before the robot did - it was moving at an alarming pace. He yelled at the girl and she barely managed to move her head and look at him running. He shivered as he saw the raw fear in her eyes, and pushed himself to go faster.

Just as the robot was about to bring down a flaming arm on the girl, Gepard jumped forward and stretched his arms to push the girl safely out of the way. He fell to the ground with a thud, yelling out in pain as he landed on a sharp piece of ore, rendering him unable to move. He opened his eyes and was almost blinded by the bright flames as the robot brought its arm down towards him.

He was gripped by fear but he closed his eyes in the last few seconds, remembering that this was what he was meant to do. If this was his final battle, then so be it. He would die with honor on the battlefield, and would accept his end with integrity.

He braced himself, waiting for the final blow....

That never came.

What..??

He opened his eyes and gasped as he saw the robot's flaming arm frozen just a few inches from his face, the flames so close that they almost seared the skin on the tip of his nose.

"Get out of the way!!"

He was shaken out of his trance by a sharp yell and he regained his senses. With a grunt, he swiftly rolled away from the robot's arm and sat up, leaning on his arms as he tried to assess the situation.

The robot was still covered in flames and swung its arms around blindly, as if it was trying to swat a fly away. There was an overwhelming amount of fire surrounding him as everything around him started to burn. But as he watched the robot, he also saw quick flashes of purple appearing here and there. They were so quick and each time it struck, it cut off another part of the robot.

There were a multitude of purple slashes at once, and sparks flew everywhere. Gepard raised his arm to shield his face from the sparks and once it suddenly became quiet, he looked up and saw the robot stand still before breaking down. As its parts crumbled onto the ground, Gepard squinted to see the outline of a figure standing behind it.

The dust cleared and he saw the silhouette of a girl walking towards him. As she got closer, he took in your appearance. Your H/C hair slightly flowed in the wind and your E/C eyes were so striking that they seemed to stare straight into his soul. He was entranced for a moment, as he had never seen anyone fight with both the grace of a swan and the fierceness of a lion.

He slowly took the hand you offered him and was swiftly pulled to his feet. Your unaffected expression told him you were no stranger to battle.

"Are you alright?" you asked, a grim expression on your lips.

"Yes, thank yo-" Gepard stopped and his eyes widened at the sight of another massive robot appearing behind you. It raised its arm and it was pointed directly towards the back of your head. He pushed you to the ground and he fell as well, landing on top of you just as a bullet flew past both of your heads. The two of you looked at each other for a moment, and Gepard was quickly brought back to his senses as he heard another bullet being fired. He jumped up and you were quick to do the same.

"Stay back, my soldiers are coming-" before he could finish his sentence, he watched as you ran over to the robot and jumped on a spare mining cart before jumping on top of the robot. Before the robot could swat you away, you grabbed your spear and plunged it deep into the robot's neck, effectively piercing its core. Without wasting a second, you channeled lightning through it which made the robot's core short circuit.

The robot shuddered for a moment before falling forward - with you still on it. You heard a shout and turned to see the blond man from before, holding his arms out and looking straight at you. You had no other option and jumped off the robot, falling into the man's arms right as it crashed onto the ground.

The force made Gepard stumble and he fell, wrapping his arms around you to protect you from the fall. He coughed and opened his eyes, which widened after seeing you over him. Your faces were so close that the tips of your noses were almost touching and your hair fell forward, slightly brushing the sides of his face. Your eyes were so close and while they were alluring, he was taken aback at how they were devoid of emotion as well.

"Captain...!"

Gepard heard the muffled voices of his soldiers as they ran towards him, and you did too, quickly springing up and dusting yourself off. Gepard opened his mouth to ask for your name, but you were already long gone before he could get the first word out.

His troops arrived quickly and they swiftly helped Gepard stand up. His face was covered in cuts from battle and his armor was almost falling off, but he managed to stand and face the guards.

"Well done, everyone," he said. "Let's head back,"

As he led his troops out of the mines, the civilians stood and watched him with great respect from the sides. One started clapping and the others soon joined in as well. They were soon cheering his name and it echoed throughout the mines. But he wasn't focused on any of that because the only thing that echoed through his mind was your voice. You had effectively piqued his interest.

Who were you??

- x -

A/N:

Usually I publish only after I finish the whole story, but idk just wanted to put this out for some reason lolol.

ANYWAYS if you liked the chapter, don't forget to leave a vote <3