×[¤ 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮? ¤]×

You let out a shaky sigh as you trudged through the mine's tight alleyways, watching listlessly as rats scurried about here and there. Your hand was pressed tightly against a new wound on your body. The robot you fought from earlier had managed to leave a deep gash and you felt the pain ebbing throughout your arm.

The work day had ended a while ago in the underworld and the dim flickering light from the old street lamps guided you through the empty alleys. You prayed that the old vendor at the end of the street was still doing business and felt relief flood through you as you saw his stand still lit up.

"You're late today, Y/N," he said as you approached him.

"Yea, a few things came up, haha..." you trailed off, grimacing in pain as your wound opened up again.

"Would you like the usual again?" he asked, and you gently nodded in response. You watched as the man placed two warm pieces of flatbread into a small bag before rolling it up and setting it in front of you.

You ignored the pain as you reached into your pocket and searched around for any spare credits you had on you. Your hands closed around a few coins and your expression twisted into disappointment as you counted the change. "I'm short by 3 credits..." you said, looking at him.

The vendor noticed the hopeless expression in your eyes and chuckled as he pushed the bag towards you. "I'll let it slide, it's on me this time. Think of it as a favor for a regular customer,"

"Thank you so much," you whispered, smiling at him gratefully as you took the bag.

"Tell Liam I said hi," he called out as you walked away, waving him goodbye with the bread tightly clutched between your arms.

.

.

.

You pushed the door open carefully and walked into the room. There was an oil lamp burning on top of a few boxes, illuminating the small room and the thin layer of dust that lay over everything. There was another small lamp at the center of the room - your only other source of heat through the night. The door creaked as you shut it, and you placed the food on the small wooden stool before looking around.

"Liam...?" you called out, scanning the room. A pit of worry formed in your stomach as your calls were only returned with silence and you quickly searched the room. You walked over to the bed and called out again before pulling the thin covers off the old mattress. You sighed in relief as you saw a young boy curled up against the pillow, fast asleep.

You gazed at him warmly before sitting beside him and softly calling out his name.

"Liam?"

He stirred and slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes before looking up at you. An innocent smile formed on his face as he snuggled close to you. "You're finally back...I tried staying up to wait for you but I fell asleep," he murmured. "I'm sorry Y/N..."

You chuckled before wrapping your arm around his shoulder. You noticed he was shivering slightly and you pulled him closer, trying to give him as much heat as you could. "I shouldn't have come so late Liam...will you forgive your big sister?" you asked, gently ruffling his hair. "I brought some food as an apology...I know you were waiting all day for it,"

As this, your little brother's eyes immediately lit up. "You have the bread?" he asked, eagerly.

You let out a chuckle and nodded, reaching out to grab the bag before giving it to him.

"Where are you going?" you asked, watching as Liam took a flatbread out of the bag and quickly got off the bed. You got up as he ran towards the door and your heart broke as you saw him yell in pain and stumble a bit.