5

Neville parked near the pavilion.

Gray day. 

Perfect day.

He had the place practically to himself.

He placed his boater in the center of his towel. Looking around, he found a smooth stone and placed it on the straw hat to keep it from blowing away.

Not that there was much of a breeze. But this was his trademark, and to lose it because of carelessness would be a shame.

Then again, maybe not.

Perhaps he'd toss the thing in the lake when he finished his swim.

Who knew?

He smiled at three young ladies in their swim dresses. The prettiest of the lot had a long run in her hose. And her bathing slippers were hanging onto her toes by threads. The color clashed with her cap. Too bad. He might have flirted with her.

But no. Keep up appearances, old boy, he told himself. You're at that stage where one wrong move is all it takes.

Shoot, his thoughts were racing. Time was wasting.

He needed to get his laps in and get home. Didn't Draylon say the director might want to make some changes to the latest reel?

Neville begged for these few hours off. The camera crews were not filming today. No. He'd better make good use of these precious moments. Once filming started again, they'd expect his face on set for sixteen hours minimum.

He absently scratched his chest. The wool tank top was a good color, but it itched like crazy. Tunic. Just another name for a swim top as long as a woman's dress. But the V-neck wasn't bad. Showed off his chest hair.

He wished his swim shorts were a bit shorter.

No matter.

His legs were lily-white, but his calves were still as muscular as when he was a teenager.

What he wouldn't give for a full-length mirror.

He smiled. He looked good. He felt better.

He was the star.

He didn't need a mirror to tell him that.