nine

✧˖*°࿐ KISS ME LIKE YOU WANNA BE LOVED
ed sheeran

"I mean, seriously?" Aven grunted, her arms crossed as she watched the game intently.

The third quarter and they had been down by one, Jack handled the puck before getting rammed into the boards, causing everyone to make a noise as he whined.

He got back up, only hunching back over as the Capitals scored again, winning the game entering.

Aven tucked her hair behind her ears, watching the player hit hits in the middle as she headed into the locker room.

The players piled in, silence creeping on them as they took their gear off.

"Don't take this too hard." Ruff began. "It's only our first loss. We can make up for it. You all played and tried hard which matters."

Jack didn't budge a smile at his coach as he angrily threw his gear into his bag, the backwards hat on his head as he adjusted the collar of his sweatshirt.

Aven grabbed the bottle of water beside him, their eyes meeting as she bent over. "I'm proud of you."

Jack nodded, shooting her a closed-lip smile.

The two walked in silence back to the bus as it brought them to their hotel, still in a comfortable silence, they opened their hotel room door.

"Where's your hotel room?" Jack asked, noticing her trailing behind him.

"I'm a floor down from you." Aven admitted. "I just thought you'd want some company. If not, I won't be offended I promise."

Jack shook his head, opening the door as he helped her with her bags. "Not at all. I need it."

Aven chuckled, yawning as she grabbed her things from her suitcase, setting them in the bathroom. Jack sat on the edge of the bed, staring at the floor.

She walked over to him, crouching so her knees hit the carpet. "Jack." Her eyes snapped up to hers. "Don't think about it this hard."

"I fumbled." He shook his head, sniffling. "I could've won that for us. What if they think I'm not good enough?"

"That's crazy talk." Aven rolled her eyes, grabbing his hands. "They choose you first for a reason. Hey, we some, we lose some, right? You're incredible, Jack."

Jack nodded, bringing a hand to the back of his head. "Plus, my heads still pounding from that hit."

Aven stood, laying her knee between his legs as she tilted his chin up, flickering her eyes between his light ones. "Took it like a champ."

He brought his hand to her hip, the other on the side of her neck. She bent down slightly, their lips inches apart. His thumb came to rub across her lips, his brows furrowing.

Aven nodded. "Please."

Jack grabbed her by the nape of her neck, their lips crashing together. A slow but passionate rhythm as their foreheads pressed together like glue.

She pulled away after many seconds, the two heaving as he held her, he laid back, her body falling on top of his.

A cheeky smile on his lips as he brought his mouth back to hers, the two laughing childishly.

"I think I might need this after every game." Jack breathed, tracing her cheek with his thumb.

She nodded with a hum. "Me too. You should get some rest, we have another game tomorrow."

Jack nodded, still holding her. "You'll stay?"

"Yes." Aven smiled largely, kissing him softly. "I called dibs on the shower first though."

"I mean, we could just shower together." Jack raised a brow. "Saving more water, right?"

Aven parted her lips as she slid off the bed, shaking her head. "A kiss will have to be enough for now."

He groaned at her teasing, hearing the bathroom door lock as the shower started. Twenty minutes later she came out, her damp hair in a braid as the black pajama set adorned her pale skin.

"Got a staring problem?" Aven tilted her head, cocking a brow.

"Nope." He laughed, standing up as she placed her jewelry in a pile on the dresser, his hands came to wrap around her waist, his chin dropping to her shoulders at the fresh smell on pound cake on her skin.

Aven fell back into him, her cheek resting on his temple as her hands laid on his. He hummed, "You smell good."

"Yeah and you don't." She mocked, his head lifting with furrowed brows. "That post game sweat, uh, the showers calling your name."

Jack flipped her off as he went into the bathroom, leaving the door open as she climbed into bed. She brought her knees to her chest, turning her iPad on as the screen illumined the dark room.

He soon came to join her, closing the lamp at the edge of the room. Jack sat beside her, fluffing his freshly washed hair as their arms hit.

"You think this is enough?" Aven asked, reviewing her diagram of plays. 

Jack turned his head as she lifted it closer to him, bringing his finger to swiped, following it closely. He nodded with pursued lips. "I mean you're the assistant here. I think whatever you feel is best will work. You're creative."

She chuckled, turning it off as she placed it on the counter. "You're so kind."

"I try." He rolled his eyes playfully as they slipped beneath the covers. Jack shirtless as he brought Aven closer to him, her face lying on his bare skin.

She shut her eyes, an arm stretching across his abs as he traced circles on her back, pecking the top of her head gently.

me nd who.
also thank u for 900 reads!! 🤍