2

PRESENT DAY
2017

Staring across a table is Y/n Chu (a 29, Korean-American, beautiful, and sharp). In full confidence she pull back to reveal a pile of chips in front of her. In front of her there is a young man with cards that held: 2 kings, 2 nines, and a jack.

[sorry if you're not American. You can change it if you want]

The young man, Curtis, stares at her over his black-rimmed glasses, trying to read her. She stares back revealing nothing. Y/n pushes the pile of chips to the center of the poker table.

"I'm all in."

Curtis has five chips left, he checks his card again and then folds.

"Fold."

Y/n flips her card over, she got nothing. "Nothing!" Curtis sits up and taking off his glasses as he stares at her cards in disbelief. His reaction made Y/n laugh. "This whole time you had nothing?!"

The lights in the room come up and the students in the room clap and titter. The poker table onstage is being shown on two large flatscreens to so students can follow the action. Y/n then takes the lectern.

GAME THEORY 290

Appears on the side screen. "All right, so, how did I beat T.A. Curtis so very, very badly?" She says as she looks at her students. "Well, I know for a fact that Curtis is cheap."

The students smile and laugh, totally engaged. "So, he's not playing using logic or math, but using his psychology." Y/n says, as she starts to walk around. "Our brains so hate the idea of us losing something we valuable to us, that we abandon all rational thought and make really poor decisions."

"So Curtis wasn't playing to win. He was playing not to lose." Y/n picks up a chip and tosses it at Curtis. "Here. Put it towards a haircut."

The class laughed and Y/n chuckled. "All right, that's it for today. Don't forget your essays on conditional probability are due next week!" Y/n says, as students file out, Bang Christopher Chan, who was now fully grown handsome man. He walks in the class and smiles lasciviously at Y/n.

NEW YORK

Y/n orders a sticky toffee pudding but Chan grabs his fork and digs in immediately as it arrives. "Yes!" Y/n playfully glares at her boyfriend as she stares at him eating her dessert. "You know what, you can order your own."

Chan takes a bite of her dessert and the says, "Mmm, I'm okay with coffee, thank you." He says, while chewing. "Yeah, well, you always say that, and then you end up eating all of my dessert." She says.

After she says that, Chan takes a huge bite on purpose, he then speaks with a mouthful, "I don't know what you're talking about?" He tries to keep a serious face but still a smile creeped up on his face, "Cause I have, like a, tiny bit."

Y/n smiles as she rolls her eyes, "uh-huh, sure." She then goes asks the waiter, "Can we have one more of these, please. Thank you." She says, while chuckling.

Chan just stares at her for a bit as he admires all of her facial features before saying, "So, what about us taking an adventure east?"

Y/n stares at him for bit before having a small grin on her face, "You wanna get pork buns in the East Village. That's what it is, isn't?"

"I was actually thinking of further East."

Y/n knitted her eyebrows together in confusion, "Like Queens?"