Prologue 2

3rd Person POV

Horikita, who was a bit tired from tutoring her assigned study group, was laying down on top of the bed—recalling her class's improvement academic and athleticism-wise. She felt that she herself alongside them have come a long way since the start of the first year.

Her vision gradually blurred until pure darkness is all that's left. After a short period of her being unconscious, she suddenly jolted awake, welcomed by the sight of a spacious room with an amount of chairs that are able to accommodate a whole class.

'Where am I?' Horikita's mind was still in a daze before a voice suddenly took her out from her dazed state.

"Horikita-san!" A male voice addressed her with a worried tone. It was Hirata, followed by a number of people behind him that gathered with an anxious look.

Horikita, who felt that all of this was a weird occurrence, asked Hirata what was going on.

"Hirata-kun, do you know what's going on? How are we gathered on this room so discreetly without us noticing?"

"I had the same question in my mind, a few possibilities come to mind—for example, a special exam. However, I've found it to be quite difficult to believe that the school could do such a large-scale operation like this." Hirata replied, giving her his opinion about the current situation.

Horikita nodded. 'A plausible thinking from Hirata-kun. If this were not the school's doing, then it begs the question, who or what exactly that brought us here.'

"Alright, the only thing we can do now is to de-escalate the class's worries. For that reason, I request of you for your cooperation to alleviate everyone's worries, Hirata-kun. After things have calmed down, we must do a discussion to figure out what's going on." Horikita replied.

Hirata agreed with her reasoning, if the class was brought collectively to this space, then all of them should collectively resolve the situation.

"That's a good idea, Horikita-san. I will get Karuizawa-san and others to cooperate too." Hirata smiled in agreement. The class has gone a long way from the start. However, there was always a need for someone to steer the class, avoiding chaos to occur.

After a brief while of calming down the fellow classmates. Horikita and all the figures of the class held a discussion.

"Does any of you happened to remember what were you doing before we got transported into this place?" Horikita gave a start to the discussion.

Hirata nodded and then replied. "I'll go first. I was on my way to the changing room with Shibata-kun from Ichinose-san's class after training with the Soccer Club. After I've finished changing, me and Shibata-kun was on the way to the dormitory.... My vision blurred, then pitch total darkness followed, before I awoke in this room. Am I correct to assume everyone's experienced the same?"

Karuizawa nodded in agreement, "That's right, Hirata-kun. All of us girls experienced the same thing too. Ah mou~ what kind of troublesome situation are we in right now? Don't tell me it's an another Special Exam?"

Matsushita then expressed her puzzlement, "But why would another special exam occur? Hasn't it been three days since the Cultural Festival Exam?"

"Matsushita-san made a logical argument. This was very unlikely to be a special exam. Although the school has been anything but lenient to its students, there is still a bottom line. Any official school must've known very well that there is a limit to how much pressure you can impose on a student." Horikita made her point very clear. Some agreed to her approach of reasoning, but some expressed their doubts.