Life Is Questionable

My name is Jacob Thomas, I am a seventeen year old boy who is failing in school and who's GPA isn't looking very well, mom wants me to go to college after high school but I am still trying to figure out who I am, I struggle to flirt with girls and when trying to flirt with them it just turns very awkward. I have a friend named Miles but we don't talk much anymore since he has became popular and is student council president. I miss him a lot because I have been close with him since I was eight years old, he won't even talk to me about how he feels...I'm slowly losing hope on having him as my friend...I work at a coffee shop near the campus and I see many tall handsome men....wait what am I saying!....anyways I work at that coffee shop after class each day, it doesn't pay much but at least I have some money to spend when I like.

Jacob: -He was in his room studying for an upcoming test, while listening to some music on his ipad his mother had gotten him for his seventeenth birthday, his playlist was almost 12 hours worth of music-

May: -She walks into the room Jacob was in- "Hey you asshole give me back my headphones!"

Jacob: -He was ignoring her since the music was a little loud-

May: "Jacob!!"

Jacob: -He takes off the headphones- "what do you want May, I am trying to study."

May: "I want my stuff back...I'm leaving for classes in an hour and I need them because I will not be doing my assignments in a quiet room for a whole hour."

Jacob: -He throws her headphones- "There....I was using them but you need them more than I do...."

May: "I don't know what your deal is but you need to stop being an ass...oh and let Amelia know I will not be home tonight I'm going out for drinks tonight with the girls."

Jacob: "Alright.....just be careful...." -He tries to continue studying-

May: "You should try to find a girl for once, you would probably stop being such an ass all the time I swear."

May: -She grabs her headphones and leaves leaving Jacob alone to study-

-A few hours goes by as Jacob takes a break and heads downstairs to talk to his mom who was making dinner, his dad was still at work like usual and May wasn't at home because she was wasting her life on drinking and partying-

Jacob: -He sits down at the kitchen table with his hoodie on and his hood up as he sighs- "Hey mom...can we talk?..."

Amelia: "Hm?" -She looks at him while chopping up some vegetables- "Son what's the matter, you seem upset again, are you still thinking about that fight you had with Miles a few day's ago."

Jacob: -He sighs- "Well...yeah....it's just we used to be good friends when we was younger and I miss him a little...I miss the old him, he has changed after becoming a popular high school boy who is in the student council..."

Amelia: "Maybe he is going through something and he doesn't wanna bother you with it, have you tried talking to him about how you feel and how that fight you two had made you feel a certain way."

Jacob: "........" -He sighs-

Amelia: "Son, what's the matter I don't like that silent treatment you give when your upset."

Jacob: "Mom...he won't even talk to me...I texted and called him many of times and he just won't talk to me....it makes me worry about him even more now....what if he is hiding something from me and he isn't telling me, what if it's something bad I deserve to know...."

Amelia: "Hey so, he may tell you later on when he's more comfortable.."

Jacob: -He sighs- "I need to get ready for work...." -He heads upstairs and gets his uniform on and fixes his hair and puts on the hat he has to wear, after that he heads downstairs and grabs his car keys- "I will see you later mom...I have a closing shift tonight..." -He heads out the front door gets into his car and heads to work as he had so much on his mind, especially since he was still trying to figure out who he really was-