Chapter 1: (The Cursed Art Gallery)

Maledicta Gallery Visita

"Sam, we need to get moving or we'll be late!" her mother called out from the top of the stairs. "COMING!" echoed a small but determined voice from above, as a young girl made her way down. This is how we are introduced to Sam, a shy yet incredibly courageous 15-year-old in her sophomore year of high school. She hurried to her mother's side, ready to leave for their outing. "Is everyone set? Great, let's head out!" her father announced, giving his bowtie a final adjustment to ensure he looked his best for the occasion. Together, they set off and soon arrived at La Guertena's Gallery.

After a lengthy journey from their home, the mother exclaimed, "Well, here we are!" upon their arrival. "Is this your first time at an art gallery?" she inquired, turning towards Sam, who nodded in response. "Today, we're exploring the art of Guertena," the mother announced, sparking curiosity and excitement in Sam. The father, chiming in, suggested, "Perhaps we should get some pamphlets from the receptionist." This took the mother by surprise. "Oh! What a wonderful suggestion!" The gallery was filled with an array of paintings and sculptures for them to admire. "May I take a moment to look around on my own?" Sam asked her mother, who replied, "Of course, just stay out of trouble," as Sam nodded in understanding. With a pamphlet in hand, she marveled at the diverse artworks, struggling to pronounce "Guertena" due to the small print that challenged her young eyes. Eventually, she tucked the pamphlet away, deciding to focus on the art itself. Among the various pieces, one particular painting stood out to her.

"WHOA! THIS ONE'S HUGE!" Sam couldn't contain her amazement, attempting once more to decipher the label. However, the small font thwarted her efforts, leaving the words a blur. "Something, world... I can't make out this word," she murmured, squinting for a better look. As she focused, there was a brief flicker, and then..

It Suddenly Grew Dark.

"Oh! The lights!" Sam's voice carried a hint of fear as the gallery suddenly darkened. She took a moment to steady her breathing, grounding herself by identifying five things within her sight: the paintings, the wall, the floor, her own presence, and the flickering lights as they went out. This simple act helped her regain a sense of calm amidst the unexpected darkness.

As she navigated through the dim gallery, Sam called out intermittently, hoping to find anyone else caught in this eerie situation. "Where did everyone go?" she wondered aloud, a hint of concern threading her voice. She pressed on, her steps cautious, until an unexpected sight halted her progress. "There's paint all over the floor?" she first thought, puzzled by the mess. But upon closer inspection, her surprise grew. "No wait, is this... water!?" The presence of water in an art gallery was baffling. Why and how could there be water covering the floor?

But her thoughts were abruptly cut short as an echoey voice resonated through the gallery, piercing the silence.

"Come Sam, come play," the voice beckoned to her. "What..?" Sam murmured, taken aback. "It's as if I'm being drawn in..." she remarked, sensing herself moving toward the vast expanse of blue. Then, without any hesitation, two hands softly took hold of her...

Pulling her into the depths of the blue...

Sam awoke from her peculiar dream, taking in her surroundings with confusion. "I'm back in the museum?" she questioned.

Rising to her feet, she inspected her hands to see if she was injured, relieved to find she wasn't. "No, this is different," she sighed, now with a singular goal: to escape this so-called 'Gallery.' Something else then caught her eye—a bright red rose in a vase.

Sam let out a soft gasp, carefully picking up the rose. "Oh! Pretty!" she exclaimed softly, bringing it close to inhale its sweet fragrance. Suddenly, a word appeared on the wall, accompanied by a loud bang that made her jump and filled her ears with noise. Turning to face the wall, her color drained, leaving her pale.