Chapter 3

I felt bored, so bored. I knew I couldn't change anything though. The only thing I could was looking out of the window and then looking at the clock on the wall after what felt like hours just to get dissapointed when not even a minute has passed since I started looking out of the window. I should have known. I should have known that choosing music theory as one of my classes was a big mistake. I just hated the monotone voice of my teacher as he kept talking about some weird words i couldn't even imagine to be existing. I know I should listen to him though. After all I'll have a test about this topic in a few days and I don't even know what it will be about. But that is a problem for future me. Right know, the most exciting thing in this room was the squirrel on the tree outside of the window,

But the very much interresting sight of the squirrel was disturbed by the teacher calling out a name. His name. I honestly never had regonised him before. He was just there. Nothing special about him. But since I saw her looking at him, I couldn't stop regonising him more and more. I started seeing him in the hallways, I started overhearing him when he talked to his friends when we were surprinsingly at the same place, then I started to realize that I already knew his voice, which was a big surprise to me since I never really thought about his existing. I regonised him as a part of my team as well, which I also never did before. 

The more I was aware of his existence the more I disliked him. Maybe it was just the way he acted or just the is voice sounded. I for some reason couldn't stand him. I guess it's because he is boring. You can forget him really fast and it's hard to remeber or even regonise him. He also had a boring personality. He was only talking to his friends, never really did change his style since middle school, as long as the photos I looked were telling the truth, and the worst part, the only reason he joined the football team was because he has no other hobbies. He never played or tried to play an instrument, never played sports, he doesn't like to play video games or being on social media and as far as I know he doesn't have any cool skills like drawing being able to run quite fast or so.  He is the definition of boring. The only thing he is good at is school, because as long as I am concerned his grades aren't bad. More like the opposite.

So you could only imagine how anooyed I was when this weirdo started awnsering a question I can't even remember th teacher ever asked. I was only looking forward to the end of the lesson and I can relax during lunch break.

... ----- ...

It was lunch break. I was looking around in the cafeteria hoping I'll see my best friend anytime soon. And there she was. Her smile as beautiful as ever when she was walking towards me. All the things I thought of before were just disappearing in my head. 

"Hey!" she started "Long time no see huh? Are you still regretting choosing music class?" she asked. "Very much I'd say..and you? Are you still happy with being in the piano?" I responded. "Very...ummm did you perhaps see him?" she asked. "Who?" I asked playing confused. I know to where this is going. "You know who." she said which a little offended expression as if I would only act to not knowing who she is talking of. Which yeah.. I did, but she doesn't have to know. "And how would i know who you are talking about? I can't see your thoughts you know?" I said. "stop playing dumb." she said and then gave me a little slap on my shoulder. "I'm not" I started to defending myself. "you do.. but I take that as a no to my question." she said before a requested of getting our food.

... ----- ...

It was only a few days later when I was looking for her during a break just to find her now talking to him. If I would have had to say how i felt about this then offended was definitely on that list. i hated seeing them together. I didn't even care what they were talking about. It was the fact that they were talking.

 Although I had the urge to turn around and don't talk to her for the next few hours, so that she could reflect and feel bad about what she had done wrong to me even though she was just talking to somebody. Somebody that at first wasn't me, her best friend for all time and forever in every other universe, and second the fact that it was him...him... the most boring person to ever exist on planet earth. 

But I still walked towards them. Wait... not them... her. i was glad that she saw me walking towards her and that i didn't have to awkwardly tap to regonise me. "Oh hey!" she said looking really happy... too happy for talking to that weirdo. "hey." I said shortly. "See... that's my best friend i was talking about earlier. You already know her don't you?" she introduced me to him. "Yes I do." he said with a friendly smile. "Yeah... whatever.." i started "can we go now? Please?" I asked. "But why? I just introduced you.." She insisted but I was already grabbing her arm and taking her with me. "Hey! What are you doing?! Let me go!" she said but I ignored that

we were in the hallway when i finally let her go. She looked at me offended. "what was that? Why did you dragged me away? You know that I like him.." she said. "Why though? He is weird. An he can't do anything right." I answered  "He's not a weirdo. And it's not like he can't do anything. He has great grades and he's also in the football team." she said. "He might be but i still can't stand him." I tried to defend myself. "Why? Are you perhaps .... jealous?" she asked, now with a slight amusement on her face. "Me? Jealous? On what?" I asked. "Maybe because I'm talking to him instead of you" she said. "How could I be jealous on something like that? That would be childish. I just can't stand him beacause i don't think that you deserve some kid like him who doesn't have a real personality. That is like so weird." I tried to explain myself, because I know that I could never be jealous on something stupid like that. At least that what I was thinking. "Whatever you say." she said before leaving me there with the excuse of needing to go back to class.