01. Meeting again...

The day has finally come when you make a dream come true. The day you are viewed as an operator in TaskForce141...Waited so long for this. You are very happy but try not to look so enthusiastic. You were told to meet your current official Captain John Price outside the base. You get out of the van and try to look tough.

There he is, Captain Price. He waves at you and smiles. You walk over to him and smile at him. There is something very strange for you..."Don't be nervous, this is your 2nd home now. Feel comfortable. I'm told you're Y/N L/N right?" He asks you and waits for your answer. "Yes, exactly. Y/N L/N...very pleased Captain.". He shakes your hand and wants to lead you through the base.

You go in and you see all the other soldiers. You're even more nervous now than before and wish you could go bury yourself somewhere now. He goes through a door and you see the women's barracks. "You'll definitely sleep here. Or did you want to sleep with the men haha?" - "Hahaha no Captain..." you answer a little shyly and laugh nervously. 

He walks through a hallway and opens a door. "This is the men's barracks. Let us introduce you." A slightly taller man walks up to you and greets you. "Call me Ghost. What's your name?" 

The man with the skull mask in which you can see his deep eyes asks you. "Y/N/N, pleased to meet you" you say and smile. Price looks around. "Where are the others?" he asks Ghost and he answers with: "On the training ground. We want to see who can do more push-ups in 5 minutes". 

Price nods and asks you to follow him. You go to the training ground and see a group of men in a circle. Price intervenes and sees how two soldiers have set a timer and are counting their push-ups. 

When the 5 minutes ended the cap shouted "237!" and the smaller "231!". They sit straight and breathe quickly. Price cleared his throat. "Men, this is Y/N L/N. Please introduce yourself. The one with the cap stands up and shakes her hand. "Kyle Garrick, but call me Gaz. I'm looking forward to meeting you." You nod. 

The slightly shorter one also stands up and shakes her hand. "John MacTavish, also called Soap. Very pleased." You are shocked. "Wait what was the name...?" you ask. "Uhh John "Soap" MacTavish." 

You are very shocked and think to yourself, what the hell. What a coincidence. "That John MacTavish?" you ask again. He was confused..."I guess so. Am I famous or is there another John MacTavish you know?" he asks. He looks at your face... "Don't you recognize me? It's me, Y/N, from elementary school!" you say...

He scans your face and when he realized who he was talking to, he was shocked. "Oh shit...Y/N...oh my God. It's you. Now I recognize you, you have changed completely. No braces, no pimples, no dark circles. Your face looks thinner."-"Yeah haha...a lot changes after a while." you say while feeling a little uncomfortable..."I didn't see you again when you moved away."-"Got you sometimes seen when my parents went back into town to visit people..." you mention. 

Everyone walks slowly and leaves you to continue talking to Soap in peace. Soap speaks "Why have I never seen you?"-"I "I always hid myself, I was embarrassed to show my 'weird' face in front of you." you confessed and smiled a little to make him feel guilty. "Come on, that was years ago. I am sorry okay?"-"No. How long ago that was doesn't matter. Nobody cares if it was 20 years ago or 2 years ago...You can't repair a broken glass with a plaster..."

Soap is quiet for a moment and thinks... He looks down briefly. "You've never changed. Do you remember when I apologized? You couldn't accept it...Just like before, you probably think you're better just because you got better grades than everyone else, just because you You blew the whistle on everyone and were always the teacher's favorite. But you know what? You were never better than the others and you never will be. This is the military. If you betray one person, you betray the whole team, if you betray one person, you betray them "You're a shame for everyone here. Remember, there's no fun here, no favorites, no grades. Have fun." He walks away as he talked to you coldly.

Even after so many years, I think you will always remain enemies... You go to Captain Price and talk about when your first mission will be, or whether you are ready for it. 

"You're on duty for the next mission. Prepare yourself, it starts in two days. I'm going to my office now, if you have any questions you can ask the others. I see you already know Soap." You nod and smile akwardly... "Yeah, I've known John for a while... now I have to get used to calling him Soap... It'll be a bit difficult, but I'll get along.". Price nods and walks away to his office. 

You looked around and walked over to Ghost. A small "Hi" came out of his mouth, looking over at Soap and Gaz. Once again they do the push-ups in just 5 minutes, and this time Soap suddenly did over 300! "Yeah dude...How did you manage to do that all of a sudden???" Gaz asked as Soap stood up. 

"You just have to imagine that you're beating someone you don't like in something like that, a person who always thinks they're better than you. Then you can easily do a lot of push-ups." Soap replies while giving Gaz a thumbs up. 

He turns to Ghost and sees you. Soap turns back around and helps Gaz to his feet as he rolls his eyes. Gaz notices this. "Did you just roll your bloody eyes? You just rolled them!". He laughed briefly because he thought Soap rolled her eyes at him. "No, it's not because of you. Something just came to my mind. Don't worry...". 

You know right away he rolled his eyes at you...But you don't comment on it. For the next few hours you only talked to Ghost and Gaz, mostly to Gaz because he seemed likeable to you. 

The next day you started training. You train alone while the others laugh, tell funny jokes and talk.

 Gaz comes to you and trains with you. "Why don't you hang out with Soap? You've known each other for a long time," he asked directly. You answer with "Oh...we know each other but we never really got along well. There were always fights. In the end we never got along." You admit as you look away to watch Soap. Gaz nods and continues training. 

"Hey, would you like to do these push-ups with me in 5 minutes?" You were happy when he asked you that and you just agreed. He sets the timer for 5 minutes and you start doing push-ups. Just as the timer stops, you both call out at the same time. Gaz: 314! Y/N: 278!

You laugh for a moment. Ghost is coming towards you. "Would you mind if I joined?" Gaz shook his head and smiled. All 3 started doing push-ups and the timer went off. After the timer was over, Gaz had 236, Ghost had 268 and you had 230. It was a lot of fun and there were always several soldiers who took part. A large group formed and started doing push-ups. Soap watches them from afar, Price comes from the side and speaks to him.

"Why don't you train with the others? Looks like they're having fun." The Captain asks as Soap continues to observe. "I wanted to see who could do the most push-ups, but I think they've already stopped counting. The timer isn't even running... I'm going to go to them, are you coming with me?" - "Yes, I can do that. Let's go." 

They slowly walk up to the group and join in. Everyone does push-ups at once. When the 5 minutes were over, everyone called in. "245!"-"310!"-"216!"-"303!"-""285!". In the end it didn't matter who did how many. It's a lot of fun and nobody cares who wins. But soap still doesn't look over at Y/N.