call me

private messages
rob💙
lys🩷

rob💙
can i send you something
we are thinking about for the
new album?

lys🩷
you guys have already
started writing for
you ur new album?

rob💙
just started it lys

i've been getting a
little inspiration
lately

lys🩷
you can for sure
show me bird boy

rob💙
ignoring that...

can i call you?
just so i can play it
it's just easier

lys🩷
yeah you can hold on
i'll go somewhere quiet
alex and nate are fighting
over who would be spongebob
and who would be patrick

rob💙
i've only met them once
but nate is for sure
patrick
loved by lys🩷

real life
alyssa evans and alex adler's flat
1st december 2021

alyssa shot up from the sofa. she hadn't heard robert's voice since she had first met him that night of her pub gig in ireland. now robert was somewhere across the globe and alyssa was sat in her flat. in london. and he wanted to call her.

alyssa really liked him but she was unsure if her feelings were reciprocated or not by the blue eyed boy. she could never pick up hints even if he was flirting with her and did like her.

"where are you going?" sophie asked, not wanting to be left alone with her boyfriend and friend who were childishly fighting.

"oh uh.. rob wants to show me some music he's working on for the guys' new album so i'm just going through to my room" alyssa thought it best not to tell sophie that he was going to be calling her and decided that they could freak out over it once it was over.

"okay don't be long. we are thinking of watching the lego batman film" she dragged the last syllable out to try and entice her friend into finishing the phone call quicker. it seemed to have worked however as alyssa's eyes lit up as a smile overtook her face.

she skipped to her room, now even more excited at the promise of watching her all time favourite film. she sat down on her unmade bed and shot robert a text that she was ready when he was. seconds after her phone rang in her hand. a bit of nerves washed over her for a split second which made her want to get up and run away but before she could her finger swiped along her phone screen to answer robert's call.

"hi" she said almost shyly. she could practically see the smirk on his face, while he could see the blush on hers.

"hey lys, are you ready to hear the best bass riff you've ever heard in your life?" robert teased. immediately even the idea of any tension melted away at robert's teasing tone.

hearing his voice made her heart pound and her palms so sweaty she had to put her phone on speaker and place it on her bed. she didnt see anyway she was getting through this unless he changed every single thing about himself.

"yeah i'm always ready rob, let's hear it".

she could hear shuffling on robert's end and suspected he was getting comfortable with his bass in his grasp. she had to stop picturing what he was doing on the other end or this would not end good.

"okay remember that it's just a demo and we don't even have the rest of the song for this to go into" robert started getting a bit nervous now he was actually sat ready to play for alyssa. he had no clue why but he really wanted her to like the band's music. he knew that she had liked their first album, specifically when it breaks and who's your money on. the thought of her disliking anything he had spent time on made him feel sick.