Chapter 3 Questions and Answers

After the Centipeedle incident the Gems, Steven and Y/n would all be inside Steven's house. Y/n's shirt would be off making the boy have a slight blush on his cheeks while the Gems look at him or more specifically the Gem in his chest.

Pearl: "I don't understand, how could he have a gem?" to the others in a slight panic "Do you think Rose knew?" 

Amethyst shrugs while Garnet takes a closer look at Y/n's Gem 

Garnet: "Hmm"

Y/n: "Umm can I put my shirt back on?"

Steven: "Y/n, how do you have a gem like me?"

Y/n: "Well it was my dad's. My mom said it was his and he gave it to me so I could be born"

Suddenly Garnet started touching Y/n's gem making him flinch. 

Y/n: "Okay now I'm getting a bit uncomfortable..."

Garnet: "Do you know what kind of gem it is?"

Y/: Shrugs "No clue, I could ask my mom and maybe she'll know"

Garnet stepped back putting a hand under her chin as she thought. Meanwhile Steven started to ask more questions to the boy.

Steven: "Y/n do you have any powers and can you summon a weapon like the others"

Y/n: "I don't know and I've never summoned a weapon before or even held one" he then remembered what happend during the Centipeedle fight "Wait I think I do have a power, I made that large wall of ice remember"

Steven: "Oh yeah, but why was it all black?"

Pearl: "Well... it's possible it's because it's a black gem"

Amethyst: "Why would the color matter?"

At this point Garnet spoke pulling herself out of her thoughts

Garnet: "Black gems are extremely rare only made or the most difficult of tasks."

Pearl: "Only 100 were ever made and even then many of them aren't around anymore"

Steven: "What do you mean?"

Pearl takes a breath and kneels down to Steven's level

Pearl: "Many of them were destroyed by one another to gain power. Last I checked only around 5 were left."

Y/n: "Only five, and you think my dad was one?"

Pearl: "That's the thing, I don't. It's impossible for a black gem to even travel off home world without at least 10 other gems to accompany them."

Steven: "Okay so black gem is out, but the question remains of what gem it is right?"

Garnet: "Either way there is one question I think is still in the air. Y/n" she had a slight seriousness in her tone

Y/n: "Y-yeah"

Garnet: "How would you like to join the Crystal gems?"

Y/n&Pearl: "Huh!?/ What?!"

Steven: "That's a great idea! Y/n can help us on mission and we have have sleepovers and learn about our gem powers together!"

Y/n: "You really want me to join you?" he asked slightly confused

Pearl: "Garnet are you serious I mean we barely know him, just because he has a gem doesn't mean he's ready to join us"

Garnet: "The same could be said for Steven, and since he is like Steven he will be helped and taught slowly" 

Amethyst: "Well I'm down for it, it could be fun"

Pearl: "Amethyst"

Steven: "Please Pearl" he looked up to the taller gem giving big puppy dog eyes

Pearl: letting out a sigh "Okay Okay but only if he wants to"

Steven the looked to Y/n who had been silent so far and had at this point put on this shirt. 

Steven: "How about it Y/n do you wanna join, we can go on all kinds of adventures!"

Y/n: "Steven, I've known you for two days. In that short amount of time we fought and were almost killed by a monster. I saw things that I thought only existed in comics and anime and your asking me to join all of this craziness?!"

Hearing it put that way Steven lost his smile looking a bit down

Y/n: "Of course i'll join. I mean even if some of this is completely crazy and quite possibly dangerous, it's the most fun i've had in well.... ever!"

Steven smiled looking back up at Y/n before hugging the older boy.

Steven: "Yay, welcome hugs!"

 The other gems joined in the hug with Pearl being pulled into it by Amethyst's whip. 

Y/n: (I get the feeling things will only get even more eventful going forward)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

An: Yeah I know it's a very short chapter but I honestly had no clue what to do to make it longer that wouldn't seem forced. That being said I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you in the next chapter.