Chapter 1: DAY OFF

I jump out of my car as fast as I can grab my bag run up to the "welcome to the wild zoo" gates and run through the crowds of people trying not to push anyone

Today is my day off and I'm excited, it means no one can boss me around. I finally got to where I was ruining and slowed down to a walk.

"I thought it was your day off" That is Zack my best friend he helped me a lot when I started working here and now I'm teaching him things he didn't even know.

"It is," I say with a shrug of my shoulders taking out my key card to open the door.

"then what are you doing here?" Zach asked as we walked through the office door.

"Having my day off" I say looking back at him with a smile. 

"You know usually when people have a day off they don't come to where they work"

"Well, I guess that makes me not like everyone else," I say as I check the schedule.

"It sure makes you something," he says leaning on the table.

"I'll take that as a compliment," I say with a smirk looking at him and placing the schedule back down on the table. "besides I can't go a day without seeing my babies"

"You and you babies," he says rolling his eyes while shaking his head.

I laugh while walking past him and out of the office and start walking again.

"Hey, that reminds me," Zach says catching up to me. "since you're here can you do me a favor?"

"Depends on what it is," I say as we walk.

"Well I kind of have to train a newbie and I was hoping since you're here you could-" Zach says "You know, train him"

"Why can't you train him?"

"I don't want to okay," Zach says.

"You'll do fine, you train me"

"Yeah now look at you yelling at me anytime I slack off," he said with an annoyed look on his face.

"It's called tough love Zach. besides it's better me than Valerie," I say with a chuckle.

"Yeah, you're right. you know that woman scares me sometimes"

"She scares you anytime she walks in the same room as you," I say looking at him for a second.

"What are you talking about?" he said looking at me with a confused look.

"Dude, you ran out of the office one time because someone mentioned her name"

"I did not. I just really needed to go to the toilet"

"Yeah ok, sure," I say unlocking a door with my key card letting us both in.

As we walk through a hallway I can hear wolves howling. walking out a door leading outside and into the wolf's enclosure. I smiled as I saw the wolves look in our direction.