Truth Unveiling

We were startled by the sudden roar. Upon turning, we saw a brown bear at the opposite edge of the stream.

My heart was racing miles an hour. Ace quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me away from that edge. We began retreating when the bear took off.

It jumped into the stream and paddled towards us. Ace took me out of the water and without bothering about our clothes we ran to our camping site in our underpants.

By the time we reached, we had lost the sight of the bear. Ace quickly went in every tent to wake the others for the threat while I remained standing at the edge of the clearing.

The others piled out with horror on their faces. Stella looked at me and screamed, "NAYAN, WATCH OUT!"

Too late. I turned around and sharp claws buried into my chest. The massive claws of the bear smashed my body, making me fly off and land against a tree, my chest bleeding profusely.

Everything became a blur. Before anything worse could occur, Ace took up one of the branches which was still on fire and used it against the bear. The bear moved away, and after a few continuous attempts of Ace and the others, the bear retreated into the forest.

I on the other hand was bleeding heavily. The pain was severe, it was chocking me. I dared not move since with every inch I did, the pain shot throughout my body. Besides, the hit against the tree had caused the back of my head to bleed. Blood dripped down as slowly I was losing my senses.

Ace and the others ran up to me. Tears gleamed in Ace's eyes and so did in mine. I was slowly losing my consciousness, unable to comprehend what he was trying to say.

Soon everything became blur and darkness overtook me.

The sound of beeping was the first thing that I heard. I fluttered my eyes open, adjusting to the sudden brightness of the room.

I was lying at a hospital bed in a hospital room. The room's windows were closed and cutained while the air conditioner brought the room at ease. A small couch was placed a little away from the door, directly visible to my view. A bedside table and a chair stood empty on my side.

The door to the room opened and in entered a nurse. She smiled at me and checked my pulse.

"How are you feeling now?"

"What am I doing here?" I asked trying to get up. A sudden pain ran across my chest, making me fall back.

"You need to rest," the nurse suggested, "your parents are waiting outside. I'll let them in."

The nurse left the room while I waited for the worst. Mom and dad would be mad at me. Mom would not mind taking a harsh action against me either. But I had informed dad about it before we went for the camping. Maybe he would have consoled her?

The door opened once again and in entered mom and dad. By their looks, none appeared happy. Anger was evident at their faces.

"Mom, dad, I-"

"DON'T YOU DARE CALL US MOM AND DAD!" Mom bellowed. "YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A DISGRACE TO OUR FAMILY!"

Dad put his arm at her shoulder, trying to calm her down. "Shreya, this is not the right place and time for this. We will talk about this with him later."

What were they talking about? How was going for camping with friends making me a disgrace to our family? I could not understand.

Mom stormed out of the room while dad stared at me.

"Dad," I said slowly, "I had told you about the camping. So why are you mad at me? Had I known that the bear-"

"It's not about the camping incident," dad spoke angrily. "It's something else. We will talk about this later once you get home. "

"But dad-"

"NAYAN!" he bellowed. "I've given you enough privilege! But that doesn't mean you'll do everything you feel as right." He took a deep breath and continued, "We'll talk about this later. Take rest for now."

Dad exited the room, leaving me terrified. What was he talking about if not about the camping? What else could I have done to upset him? Mom getting mad did not concern me, but dad? It must be something serious. What if...what if they found out about me and...no, no! No way they could have! Who could have told them about it? Nobody was against us unless...Sasha?

I kept pondering over the worst scenarios. My overthinking caused me a headache so I decided to have some sleep. I wished I could meet my friends sooner, especially Ace.

I don't recollect when I drifted off to sleep but it was quite dark when I jolted awake. I assumed it to be the night. That's insane! I had been sleeping for the entire day!

I lay awake at my bed for a while. After a few minutes of thinking some random stuff, the door to the room slowly opened. A silhouette walked towards me while I tried to focus at the person in the dark. The person lowered itself towards my face and I immediately recognised the gorgeous person. It was Ace!

"Ace!" I exclaimed in joy. Ace quickly put his hand over my mouth and indicated for me to keep quiet. He looked around to ensure no one was there and gave a sigh of relief.

We shared kisses for a while after which he sat comfortably on the bed beside me. Interwining his fingers with mine, he smiled at me which was faintly visible in the dark.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered.

"It's been almost a day since I last saw you," he whispered back, "how could I not come over?"

"Did anyone see you coming?" I asked worriedly.

"If anyone would've, do you really think I would be here, with you?" he pecked my cheek.

I smiled. "What happened after the bear incident?"

Ace sighed as he straightened up. "You had lost a lot of blood. We needed to get you to a hospital real quick . Once we did, we couldn't help but inform about it to your parents."

"They must've been mad," I said.

"More than mad. Had we known they were already infiltrated by Sasha, we would have thought it through."

"What did she do?" I tried getting up only to be pushed down by Ace. "You need to rest, no need to get up," he said.

"What did she do?" I asked again, frantically.

Ace sighed. He looked at me nervously and said, "She told them about our relationship."