3

The person who had been secretly observing Li Wei struggle to obtain the hidden scripture stepped out from the shadows and approached the unconscious young man. The dim light of the ancient ruins cast eerie shadows across the stranger face, revealing a mixture of curiosity and irritation.

"He looks worn out. Tsk tsk tsk. He doesn't look that strong, yet he's lucky enough to get that scripture I've been trying so hard to get my hands on." the observer muttered.

The figure, a young woman, squatted down and poked Li Wei cheek, inspecting him closely. Suddenly, the cawing of a crow echoed through the chamber, causing her to freeze in place.

"Damn... Those sect members are already on the move. I guess they've figured out that someone found the legendary hidden scripture and took it. Should I just leave him here or help him?... Ahh! Fine, I guess I'll help!"

With a sigh, she bent down and tried to pull Li Wei up. But before she could react, Li Wei hand shot out and gripped her wrist with surprising strength. His eyes fluttered open, and he found himself face-to-face with a woman, their gazes locked.

The woman, startled by his sudden movement, instinctively pushed him away, her palm striking his chest and breaking his grip.

"Cough! Cough! Hey, why did you do that to me?" Li Wei asked, clutching his chest where her palm had landed.

Li Wei asking while hold his chest where her palm landed.

"You suddenly grabbed my hand, and it was my reflex because you surprised me! I was trying to help you since you were unconscious!" she retorted, fixing her hanfu and crossing her arms defensively.

Li Wei, still catching his breath, looked at her with a mixture of suspicion and curiosity.

"I thought someone wanted to steal this scripture. By the way, what's your name? I can't just call you 'hey' or 'you'. That's not appropriate."

She hesitated for a moment, considering whether to reveal her true intentions.

"Hmm... Call me Xiao Shang, and I'm from the Azure Sect. I'm just a passerby." She replied, hoping to keep her secret hidden. In truth, she had also been trying to obtain the scripture but had failed.

Li Wei, skeptical but grateful, nodded. He couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to her story, but he decided to ignore it for now. As he looked at her, he felt a strange sensation in his heart, a feeling he had never experienced before.

"Ehem..thank you for helping me, Xiao Shang. But I need to go," Li Wei said, preparing to leave.

"Fine... Whatever. Just be careful. I'm sure those sect members might ambush you on your journey since you have that scripture." She warned, pointing at the scripture in his grip.

"Gotta go."

With that, Xiao Shang used her floating kungfu to ascend into the air, leaving Li Wei behind before he could ask any more questions. He watched her disappear into the distance, a mix of admiration and confusion swirling in his mind.

As he stood there, he couldn't help but replay their encounter in his mind. There was something about Xiao Shang that intrigued him, something that drew him to her despite the circumstances. He shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts, and focused on his mission.

The ruins around him seemed to whisper secrets of the past, and Li Wei knew he had to be cautious. The legendary hidden scripture he held was a powerful artifact, and it would undoubtedly attract attention from those who sought its power for themselves.

Taking a deep breath, he gathered his strength and started his journey back, his thoughts constantly drifting to the mysterious woman who had helped him. Little did he know, this encounter with Xiao Shang a skilled cultivator from the esteemed Azure Sect. Their fates intertwined, and a spark ignited between them, a love might appear that would become both their greatest strength and a source of trials on their perilous journey that would change his life forever.

Far away, Xiao Shang landed softly on a secluded hill, her mind racing. She had not expected to encounter someone like Li Wei. His determination and strength had impressed her, and she couldn't deny the strange connection she felt. Despite her initial intentions, she found herself hoping to meet him again.

"Who is he, really? And why do I feel this way?" she wondered aloud, looking back towards the direction of the ancient ruins.