•Chapter~12°

Time to start a new chapter of my life✨

Aadrika's POV

I sucked in a deep breathe and whipped around to found the three impatient people who were paying their whole attention in staring at me.

Suddenly I don't know how,why am Indian serial scene spring up in my head where the Doctor came out from the operation room and all family abruptly stood up to ask the result impulsively.

And now I'm feeling myself in the place of that poor doctor.

And if he says that now the patient is no more and they tried their best but couldn't able to save his life so the wife of that patient would get furious and in a flash stepped inside the operation room and would do her husband operation by herself. and came up with a good news that now he is alive and then taunt the poor doctor mercilessly.

God knows how she did it even after not knowing how many bones are there in human body!!!!

Unintentionally a laugh escaped from between my lips and those three pairs of eyes looked at me strangely.

"Tumne kuch kaand kar diya kya?".And here comes my mumma's doubtful question which I already knew.

"Did you do something wrong?"

I instantly shook my head but she still wasn't seemed to be agree.

"Dharti Kasam".

"Now stop beating around the bush and tell us uprightly Did you like the boy or not?"My Papa asked and looked at me like I'm his client and he's currently in the court doing inquiry about a criminal case.

"Yea-Yeah he seemed to be a nice guy".I answered while

"Was he only nice or something else?"My inner conscience playfully said.

"So What's your decision beta?"My mumma asked with concern.

My head was soon going to burst in thinking about the suitable answer.

I threw a glance at my parents who came in my life like a ray of hope and became my everything when I didn't have anyone by my side and I trust them more than myself.

"I'm ready for this marriage".I mumbled but loud enough to hear and slowly lifted my gaze to saw their reaction. Shock was written on all over their faces and it seemed they couldn't able to digest what I've just said.

Then suddenly they all cracked a huge beam and their heart leaped up for joy and happiness took hold of them.

My mother could hardly contain her happiness as she quickly went in the kitchen and came back with a box of sweets and stuffed my mouth with the Kaju katli.

"I already knew it that you won't reject this proposal and today I even talked with pandit ji to know about the auspicious day for your engagement".My mother informed me as happiness swelled within her.

"But are you fine getting engaged within two days?"My mother instantly asked and everyone in the living room stilled in what they were doing,giving me their whole attention.

I shook my head and answered"I don't mind getting engaged this week".

Now there's no going back and I don't have any issue in doing an arranged marriage.Just hoping everything will be fine.

But Little did she know that this was just a small gust of wind...the storm was yet to come.

I stepped inside my room and was exhausted and wanted nothing more than to lie down on my bed and sleep.