Chapter 6

Lilly's P.O.V
We were off to a place called K mart and on the way I told Aunty May my style and how I like to wear stuff.  "Well you are serious with you clothing aren't you" she says. I nod and look out the window. As soon as I looked something popped into my mind like it was waiting until the right moment. It was dad. I never knew I could be this sad and I never thought about it until now.  Life use to be perfect but now it's ruined. We parked the car and Aunty May got out, went around the car and waited for me. "Come on" she said jumping up and down. "We haven't got all day plus there is so much to see!" I got out and together we walked to the doors of K mart. They opened and I walked inside. Aunty May ran away and yelled "RACE YA!" I wasn't in the mood to run but of course I don't want to hurt her feelings. I started to jog and soon I bursted into a run. She looked back and made a sharp turn into an aisle. I saw a big sign hanging from the ceiling it red - kids clothing. I turned, out of breath puffing like the big bad wolf and waited for what to do next. Aunty May was standing there not even puffed and frowned to me as if to say where were you I have been here for ages. I laughed and gave her a hug. She isn't usually like this she is just trying to cheer me up but I am not sure if she knows that is it not working. It's not my fault I don't think I will never be the same now that you know who is gone. "Well" she says gazing at the clothes on the racks. "Just tell me when you find something you like." I nodded and looked around. "What about this one?" She asked, pulling out a beautiful, white patterned dress with a zip at the front. I gasped in amazement. It really was beautiful and totally breathtaking. I walked over to it and looked the dress, up and down. I'll have it I thought as long as Aunty May accepts the price.  I managed to find the tag and I turned it around. $25 it read. Thank god it wasn't too much.Aunty May said it was reasonable priced and asked if I liked it. "Like it" I said. She frowned and put her head down at the ground. "I love it!" I said gripping the dress and smiling so hard my cheeks started to hurt. She smiled too. "Now all we need is shoes." I said trying to sound like I was joking. "And jewellery" Aunty May exclaimed while we skipped to the shoe section.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of the shoes were again beautiful and I had my eye on one pair. They were white and had a small heel on them. Aunty May asked me if I liked any. I nodded and pointed to them. "Ohh yeah." She said walking over to them. She turned they tag over and my heart stopped. Her eyes widened and even though I was a few metres away I could see the price. My heart started again, I turned around and started to go outside when I heard a low, soft, quiet voice. "Well..."