What Can I Do (Renee)

Renee and y/n have been friends for a while. They had met at Renee's first show for Mean Girls the musical on Broadway. Y/n goes to many Broadway shows and is familiar with many casts from many shows, even friends with some. So when Renee met Y/n after opening night, they instantly hit it off. They exchanged numbers and the rest was history. 

Y/n and Renee talked almost everyday and grew closer and closer. They eventually considered each other their best friend. Y/n was there for Renee when she was struggling with her mental health during Mean Girls, and she was sitting right beside her when Renee got the call that she got the role of Leighton Murray in The Sex Lives of College Girls. They loved being around each other and they always spent time together.

Y/n came to set at least once a week for Sex Lives and cheered her best friend on. She also went to the premiere with Renee and the rest of the cast. She even became friends with the rest of the cast because of how often she was there. 

----------

Eventually, Y/n got a boyfriend. She had been going on a few dates here and there but never found someone who she genuinely liked, until Matthew. Once Y/n started dating Matthew, her and Renee stopped spending as much time together. Y/n would always be out with her boyfriend and didn't have as much time for Renee as she used to. Even sometimes when they did plan to hangout, Matthew would join in. Renee seemed okay with him tagging along, at least she did to Y/n. He would come with them to the movies, to the arcade, to each other's houses, and all. Each and every time they would hangout with Matthew around, Renee would end up getting ignored or left out. However when Matthew wasn't around and it was just the two of them, it was back to like it always was. They were laughing together, telling each other drama going on at their jobs, updating each other on their lives, etc. It felt like the real Y/n was back, and Renee always thought "This is the day I get her back", "Now we are finally back to normal". But everything changed again once Matthew was back with them. 

This killed Renee inside, one because she feels like she's losing her best friend to a guy, and two because she's in love with Y/n. Just seeing them together made Renee's heart ache. But she couldn't tell Y/n, it would be the end to their friendship. She couldn't lose her, at least not anymore than she already has. 

----------

At this point, Renee had already been writing and releasing some music. Y/n was so happy for her and could not be more proud. Y/n would always be the first person to know about a song she was writing and when it would be coming out. She would also give Y/n sneak peeks at what they would sound like, and Y/n would always be the first person to promote and post about Renee's songs. 

One day Renee, Y/n, and Matthew were hanging out at Y/n house and they were watching a movie. They were all laying down on the floor in her living room on a pillow fort they had made. Matthew got up "I gotta go to the bathroom, can you pause it for me?" 

"Sure babe," Y/n replied pausing their Disney movie. Y/n then rolled over to face Renee, grabbed her hand and smiled, "Soooo how've ya been?" 

Renee looked down at their hands intertwined, looked back up and Y/n and smiled. "I'm good, how are you? It's been ages since we talked." 

"Yeah I'm doing ok." Y/n's smile faded a little. 

"Just ok?" Renee noticed her smile fade, "Are you sure? You know I can read you like a book. What's wrong?" 

"It's nothing don't worry about me." Y/n put on a fake smile. 

Renee was getting worried for her now. She squeezed her hand, "Come on, you can tell me anything. I'm worried about you." Renee then began to rub small circles on Y/n hand with her thumb to reassure her that she was safe with her.