02

Flora dried her hair using the small towel while standing beside her bed. "I was so rushed to go home that I forgot to ask for his number." She grunted throwing herself onto the soft mattress. Burying her face into her pillow.

She then raised her head from the pillow taking a deep breath then rolls over to the middle point of her bed. She reached over to her table lamp and turned it off. She stared at her enormous window which is the only source of light in the room. The moon was so bright that night that it lit up her darkened room

She pulled the blanket to cover herself from how chilly the room suddenly gets. "Ethan Levine? Sounds familiar to me.." Her thoughts then crowded her already tired mind and she soon drifted off to sleep.
__________________________________

"Rise and shine." A voice greeted as Flora felt the weight of the blanket being lifted off her body. Hearing the hoarse voice made her eyelids flutter open and she was immediately hit with a sight of a masculine figure. "The devil has spoken." Murmured the somnolent girl along with a playful grin playing on her lips. Haines Anderson. A beloved brother to Flora Cassandra.

He chuckled boringly at her unfunny sarcasm. "You again?" Continued the girl while tidying up her bed. "You haven't seen me for- what? 2 years?" Scoffing, he lounged himself on the newly tidied bed. "That's my point." She shoots a disappointment glare at him with both her hands resting on her waist. "Right.." His voice trails off as he tried to open up a new topic.

"So.." He looked up to Flora with a bit of disquieted obvious in his eyes as he was returned with a look of dissatisfaction. "Nevermind." He quickly stood up and made his way to her bedroom door. He glanced one last time at the girl before smiling. "Get ready, we're meeting mom and dad." Was the last thing he said before perishing away from her sight.
___________________________________________

Flora grunted as she sat herself on the passenger seat in Haines car. "Is meeting them really necessary?" With a sigh he replied, "They're our parents. Of course it's necessary. "
The car engine started as he began driving the car towards the promised destination.

His gaze stayed on the road not bothering to strike any conversation between them as the silence was already comforting enough. Until the female cleared her throat and opened her mouth.

"How was life there?" Flora asked with her gaze on the window admiring the outside world. "London?" She nodded in response as she could feel him constantly glancing at her. "It was alright." He simply responded. "It must be nice being away from home.." She closed her eyes appreciating the feeling of the cold air breeze hitting her face.

"Can't argue with that. I get to experience something I couldn't experience while being at home." He smiled softly as he reminisced the times when he was at his university. "Why did you ask?" She hummed whilst thinking.

"I was thinking of studying far away from home. Like, Japan?" She spat out what she had been thinking. "Woah, that's far. What about mom and dad?" He asked. He did felt proud of how far she wanted to continue her studies at.
"So? It's not like they had been home for me all those times. I barely see them growing up." She sighed as she think about her past. Her lips pursed before quickly turning into a frown.

"If they hadn't been there for me, why should I?"
____________________________________________