Dirt and filth

Narinder rested upon the freezing ground, listening to the secrets sang by the wind. It has been a while since his eyes last laid on this mesmerising landscape. Silk Cradle was a land of mysteries, and painful memories, the time didn't wish to heal his wounds. A trip to the realm was always soaked with grief and regret. He was constantly reminded about his mistakes, again, and again. The ghosts of the past were constantly on his back, sucking all the will to live out of him. 

He ran away from the hotel to catch a breath. Even if his freedom was only temporary, being alone brought him serenity, his own company was the only one he needed. Maybe redemption was really a part of his fate. Perchance he deserved whatever was struck upon him, he was a cruel Lord once, and now the hour to pay has struck. It was a well-earned burden, which he would carry forever. 

Anger he felt towards the twins has been fading weaker with each week. They failed him, but that wouldn't happen if he didn't need their help in the first place. Instead, all his rage was becoming self-centred. There had to be something he could have done to prevent this course of events, but now it was too late. The day he 'hired' Aym and Baal was like a fuzzy dream. He could remember every detail to perfection, except for what was actually relevant. His memory wasn't sharp enough to recall where he had met the woman, or what her name was. But, he could recall the scent of camellia flowers on her stand, along with the gentle rain falling down onto his soft fur.

Back when he had been still wearing the crown of the divine his every will was fulfilled, no matter the weight of it. If he wished to push someone into the depths of the abyss, he would get no resistance. And so, there was no one to put a stop to his maniac fads. 

Aym's and Baal's lives were stolen and shattered. Their role was to be his servants. At least until the crown had chosen another God, and it was all gone. How dull. 

These thoughts haunted him. He had to find her, only then, he would be forgiven. But where to search? When trying to rewind through the tapestry of time, there were only abstract shades and shapeless patches of colour.

He had to reunite the twins with their mother. Perhaps only then, he would be freed from his curse. Maybe if he wandered aimlessly through the land, eventually, he would be able to chase his own shadows. He had plenty of time, not like anyone would be concerned about his absence. 

He decided to chase the light of his memories, like a moth trying to follow the full moon. 

°   °   °

Meanwhile, the breakfast was finally ready. A load of pancakes welcomed the kitchen table. 

"I am hoping this will satisfy your hunger." The lamb served each of them a plate, already forgetting about their prior conversation. After all these months of being a cult leader, they managed to ascend their cooking skills to perfection. Barely a few weeks ago, their meals consisted of mushed up berries in a bowl, yet now, they were surprising their followers everyday with something new. 

"I apologise for repeating the question, but what about Narinder?... " Aym asked. 

"We will look for him in no time, but first we should replenish our energy." They masked their annoyance. In reality, they really didn't feel like looking for the fallen God. He was just a pathetic worm now, that eventually, would crawl back to them. They would rather take a relaxing bath, or do anything else that doesn't include wasting their precious time. 

Suddenly, a thunderstorm of thoughts flashed into their mind. How was their cult doing? Their followers were foolish beings, needing help with the easiest of tasks. They could recall countless times where a simple crusade would stain their village with a black hole of starvation, dirt and filth. And all of that would be for them to take care of when they are back. 

They needed to check on their cult, and if needed, tidy up the place. If they didn't force themselves to do it now, later they would be left with a whole garbage dump, and a graveyard; all in one to cry about. It was a decent motivation to begin their search for Narinder. 

"May I accompany you?"  Helob thought it would be a nice suggestion to be introduced into their village. But despite his best intentions, the Lamb had no other choice but to deny him. He couldn't witness this nightmare of a cult, not unless it was taken care of. 

"No, not yet.” They sighed, thinking about their upcoming work. “I will invite you to my village later, I promise.”  Honesty wasn't one of their strong sides, droplets of instant regret soaked into their heart. Now, they will either disappoint their boyfriend, or show him the truth.

Well, that's just brilliant… They thought. 

“Aym, Baal! We are leaving.” They sighed, cursing under their nose. In a blink of an eye, the twins ran up to them at the speed of teleportation. 

And so they left. 

°   °   °

Finally, after tearing through the dense bushes, they could see red light emanating from the ethereal decorations. 

As expected, their dumb followers turned the place into a mess. Despite the fridge full of food, they were starving. Muck and grime was covering the land, as if it was ruled by wild animals for centuries. Nothing was in order. So much of a chaos, they didn't know where to begin. 

They had to take care of this quickly, before going back to Silk Cradle. But the work was for at least a dozen or so people, they couldn't do it alone, and they couldn't depend on their devotees for that matter. 

"You filthy parasites! Haven't I instructed you to keep the place, and yourself clean as a whistle?!" They sighed, devastated by the weight of the damages done. Half of the decorations were to be dumped away, or renovated. At times like these, they really questioned their life choices. 

A crowd ran into their direction, cheering at the sight of their God. Chunks of mud on their fur and skin only emphasised the pure disgust felt by the Lamb. Aym and Baal stared at the deity from the side, expressing their aversion with no words. 

"You dirty rats!" An ear-splitting shriek hit the ground like thunder, and silence erupted. Dozens of eyes staring at them with fear, as they continued yelling so loud, that even the nearby birds seemed to be flying away in panic. The twins stood there quietly, listening to these head-piercing screams, slowly feeling a migraine set in. 

The deity suddenly had thousands of blames to put onto their followers, and probably rightfully. These creatures were the simplest to the core, having troubles with doing anything involving even the tiniest bit of work. All they did was eat and pray, and even at that they regularly failed. 

“...” The Lamb suddenly went silent, they had no more words to describe their anger. No amount of screaming would magically tidy up the place, they had no choice but to finally begin. “Aym, Baal, you are assisting me with this.”