The Tortoise and The Hare

I drove Chan to the airport. We listened to music and silently enjoyed the ride. 

Chan couldn't handle the silence. between us, "Has your brother been doing well?" 

I nodded, "Laughing and joking like his old self." Chan said, "Your mom called me and said they're putting him in physical training already." I stepped on the brakes. 

"WHAT THE FUCK YO! STAY IN YOUR MOTHER FUCKING LANE BITCH!" 

I said even more angrily, "My mom hasn't called me for all this information!" 

I swerved around the car and stuck my middle finger at them. I took a second look, "Cynthia?!" 

She rolled her window down. "Hey!" I screamed, "WHY ARE YOU SUCH A BAD DRIVER!?" 

She blinked, "Hey! I get you're an angry person and all, but calm down. You're hurting my feelings." 

She drove off. 

We pulled into the airport. He got out of the car and took his stuff out of the trunk. He ducked into the car. 

"Y/N, please don't shut me out like that again. I was worried sick." 

I smiled, "I know, I'm sorry. It's a bad habit of mine." He touched my hand. 

"Visit soon. The members miss you." 

I rolled my eyes, "Everyone except Lee Know." He cackled, "Minho is just... well Minho-ing right now." I crossed my arms, "More like Minhoeing." 

He laughed. 

"Okay, bye Y/N." 

His pretty smile, those two adorable dimples, those dark eyes, so easy to get lost in. It was so pure, almost as pure as Han when you make him laugh. Or Seungmin when he has his plushie. 

Or Lee Knows when you finally knock him out. 

So pure. 

I smiled back. "Bye Channie... I love you." 

His face showed everything. "I don't know how yet, but I do love you." He smiled, "Okay, I love you too then." 

We hugged each other tightly. The feeling felt so desperate. I almost didn't let go of him but, Chan has always had more self-control than me. He pulled away taking one last look at me.

He walked into the airport. 

I drove off thinking about him the whole way. We share a playlist on Spotify, it's funny. When I miss him, I play our playlist, because it reminds me of when we jam out to them on Facetime. 

Now, Chan is very goofy on Facetime. The funny faces he makes, the dumbass things he says when he's tired, and even worse, the silly dancing he does on camera. I have a folder worth of defamation on my phone. 

I pulled into the hospital. 

Chan sent me a file of the song we made together on live.