A Very Us Christmas

Christmas has always been a very special time for me. Yes it's also because of the pretty decorations, beautiful lights, amazing food, and all those holiday vibes. But for me, Christmas has always been a time to come back home.

Like a for a lot of people, growing up was confusing, messy, and kind of jungle lol. But one thing that never faded, was the love of my family.

This is the kind of love that breaks space and time, and without you even realizing it, keeps you protected and sane even through all the miles. The kind of love that heals you with a hug or an understanding look, the kind that lets you know you are always valued and cherish even with those things you feel you can't be loved. It's the kind of love that always brings you back to who you truly are, to those who make you shine bright.

We all live scattered across different places but on the holiday season we always manage to find are way back to each other. I've spent some of my most loved, bright, safe, fun and warm nights, next to these weirdos that I'm lucky enough to call mine.

So, this is a compilation of poems and thoughts that I've come up with to try to honor every single one of these folks. My hope is some of them will help you feel close to those you might be missing, remember warm and fun times, and get you even more excited about the holiday season upon us.

For those still searching for your tribe (family and chosen family) and for whom holidays can be tough, I hope this brings you comfort in knowing that the magic and the love you are seeking is also seeking you. True love always finds a way. Always.
Happy holidays guys! May yours be filled with light, peace, warmth and love.

P.S. 'A very Us Christmas' started as a song and then I just couldn't and didn't want to let go of the feeling. I hope you enjoy!