Prologue

When I laid eyes on him, I… Well, I just saw him as a regular person.
What I mean is, I wasn't attracted to him as I was to other guys. He was more of a brother (that I didn't know) to me then a guy that I would get to know and date.
How we met was his dog, Jupiter. Jupiter, a beautiful cream colored pitbull, got loose from his house and ended up jumping on top of me. He wasn't attacking me, though. He was licking my face and wagging his tail and wanting to play with me.
"You're so cute!" I had said to the cutie. "What's your name?"
The dog had a collar, but no tags whatsoever.
I had no clue what his name was at the time, and I had no clue where he lived. So I had to sit there until his owner came out and called for him. Which didn't take as long as I thought.
Twenty to thirty minutes later, a car drove into a driveway.
"I'm sorry," a guy mumbled, quickly jumping out of his car and leaving it idling. "I'm sorry. He's nice, he's nice."
"It's okay," I reply, smiling at the pup.
He grabs the pup by the collar, not replying or looking at me.
His dirty blond hair reached a little past his earlobes,
He drags the dog into his house, mumbling to the dog, "bad boy, Jupiter! Bad boy!"
"He's very sweet!" I say to the guy, but he doesn't reply or acknowledge that I'm here.
I started to walk home, which was on the other side of the neighborhood, thinking of how I didn't know there was a kid living in that house and how he pretty much ignored me….