21

"Hyung..." Taehyung didn't even respond to Yoongi's line and instead pounced on him and wrapped his arms around him, making me fear for a moment that he would just crush him. However, he hadn't let go of my father either and simply pulled him along with him. They almost fell over each other and landed on the ground, but Yoongi grabbed hold and caught me, as I was standing next to them, so he was able to catch himself. However, I got caught in their front and was pressed against Yoongi by Uncle Tae.

"I hope your breasts are real, otherwise they're going to burst," Yoongi said with a grin.

"Oh, yeah, they're as real as my knees, which I'm about to accidentally lift... as a reflex to stupid comments." I replied smugly and heard my father chuckle.

"Actually, I was just about to intervene and protect my daughter from you... but I think I'll let her do it herself, she can do it better than me." he said, while Taehyung didn't bother us and cried wetly on Yoongi's shoulder. Since I couldn't bring myself to disturb him, I just stayed like that, but since it was uncomfortable, I lifted my arms a little to hold onto Yoongi's waist, only to feel his gaze on me right after. I looked back challengingly, seeing one corner of his mouth lift. Damn, why did that half-smirk of his have to look so sexy?

"I tried to save you... I tried so hard... I failed, hyung..." Tae continued to sob, bringing me back from my little fantasy that had just started in my head. Affected, Yoongi now looked at his friend.

"Hey...hey... Tae, it's okay, I'm here... I'm alive... don't blame yourself, I'm happy that nothing happened to you..." he reassured him, stroking his back.

"Um... Appa... in case you hadn't noticed... there's an uninvolved victim who's fighting death by suffocation," Chansoo pointed out to his father, who had probably also come out of the studio and grasped the situation. My friends hadn't helped me, they were all sitting on the couch giggling, having a great time at my miserable situation. Hmpff.

"Oh, I'm sorry little one..." I took a deep breath of freedom when Tae finally let us go, but Yoongi gave me a little pout. Hopefully he hadn't noticed how hard my heart had been pounding against his chest. Uncle Tae pulled the two of them with him to the armchair where he sat down and pulled them both onto his lap, my dad just laughed while Yoongi's gaze radiated "save me" out loud. Well, nah... Tough luck. I thought with a grin, which he had probably understood exactly and was now staring at me reproachfully. Someone put their hand on my shoulder and when I lifted my head, I recognized Taejun, who was looking at his father with a grin.

"Like a giant baby... the man will never grow up, just like Ahjussi." He laughed softly and I gave him a warm smile.

"My father isn't much better, look how happy he is." I said and he seemed to freeze for a moment.

"Cute..." he cleared his throat and then laughed when his eyes fell on Yoongi.

"And Yoongi pretends to be annoyed, but enjoys it to the fullest." he shared my impression.

"Yeah... cute." I said and Taejun pulled me into his arms.

"Listen, if you..." he started, but I shook my head vigorously.

"No, just leave it Tae... I haven't changed my mind, I said yes and I stand by it. Stop looking for ways out for me all the time, I can make decisions on my own and you don't have to worry about me." I interrupted him. He sighed and pulled my head to his chest before kissing my temple.

"I love you." I mumbled against his shirt.

"I love you too... That's exactly why I just want you to be happy..." he replied with a slightly sad undertone.