64

Yoongi stopped outside a supermarket and got out.

"Stay put, I want to surprise you with the food, wait for me, I'll get everything," he assured me and disappeared. I looked after him with a smile, he was in a good mood today, as cheerful as a child in front of a toy store. I leaned back in the comfortable seat and just couldn't stop smiling. I was so happy... it was so nice with Yoongi, I never wanted anything else, I would never give him up again. Everything was finally normalizing, he and Jimin had their rights back, my fake engagement was broken, we had proper entertainment, Yoongi and Jungkook's filming was nearing completion, BTS would be releasing their new CD in three months and were already rehearsing for a world tour... everything was just falling into place as it should. I felt like for the first time in my life, someone had taken the weight off my shoulders. There was always something that had made me sad or complicated my life, but now that was completely gone. First I had discovered Yoongi through my father and I missed him from the moment I had seen him and knew he was no longer alive, then the death of my father, which led me into a dark sadness, the love for Taejun, who didn't return it in the way I had hoped as a teenager, we had been a couple and when he came out to me, we had just stayed together, privately just as friends, in front of the public as a dream couple deeply in love... Always pretending, never being myself, always the burden of inheritance on me... With Yoongi's return, all drama had gradually disappeared from my life, replaced by a light and beautiful romantic comedy, which was the best thing that had ever happened to me. I loved him so much that I couldn't even put it into words anymore... So lost in my thoughts, I didn't even realize that Yoongi was back at the car until I heard the trunk lid close. Shortly afterwards, he slid back behind the wheel.

"Ready?" he asked me excitedly, his eyes shining. He looked so cute that I leaned over and affectionately kissed him, which surprised him briefly, but he immediately reciprocated.

"Yes, I am... I'm looking forward to seeing what you want to show me." I assured him and he shook his head with a grin as he started the car. The drive didn't take as long as I expected and Yoongi parked in a nondescript forest parking lot. When we got out, he took a large backpack out of the trunk, which he hadn't had before, so he had probably bought it along with our food. Clever and forward-thinking... He took my hand and walked with me towards the forest.

"Don't worry, it's not that far, we just have to walk along a few trails as the lake is private property and not accessible from public footpaths." he explained as we walked.

"But if it's private land, we could get into trouble if we're trespassing." I pointed out, but he just smiled again.

"Don't worry, the owner won't mind." he reassured me and I could see from his grin that he knew very well who owned the land.

"Is the lake yours or Namjoon's?" I asked him.

"Mine, I bought it the first time I was here and enjoyed the peaceful tranquillity," he said. I could see from the look on his face how much this place meant to him and was glad that he wanted to share his secret retreat with me. A little later, we arrived at a clearing in the forest, where a small lake actually stretched peacefully between the trees. The meadow on the shore wasn't too high and he took a blanket out of his rucksack, which he spread out in a cozy spot.

"C-can you... um... please turn around? I want to surprise you with my preparation." he asked me and I did as I was told. While he unpacked and arranged everything, I looked at the calm water, noticed the swans swimming on it and marveled at the beautiful flowers growing on the other side. It really was a beautiful atmosphere that immediately made me feel at ease. Every now and then I heard him mumbling and rummaging in his pocket, then I thought I heard a match light. I was terribly curious and the urge to turn around was hard to resist.

"Okay, you can..." I heard him say and I turned towards him. There were some delicious things on the blanket, but what immediately caught my eye were the tea lights that he had placed in a heart shape and lit. Then I realized what he was doing... he was kneeling in front of me and holding up a black velvet box...