Chapter 1

[1]
[Where am I?]

Theodore, a studious young man, found his solace at the kitchen island, diligently engrossed in his homework. His once sharp undercut had grown out, now secured in a tidy ponytail, ensuring his concentration remained undisturbed by stray locks obstructing his vision. His hair, a lustrous shade of warm brown, possessed an enchanting quality, gleaming like strands of pure gold under the sun's radiant embrace.

In a seamless rhythm, Theodore's slender fingers swiftly navigated through the pages, conquering one question after another with practiced ease. However, amidst his diligent efforts, a distinct sound reverberated through the house—the familiar clatter of mail sliding through the slot. Pausing momentarily from his scholarly pursuits, Theodore leaned back in his chair, glancing down the hallway leading to the front door. A scattering of letters lay on the floor, prompting him to set his pencil down as he called out, "I'll get it," ensuring his voice carried just enough for his mother to hear.

Theodore casually hopped off the barstool, strolling toward the door, his movements relaxed and unhurried.

Bending down, Theodore casually scooped up the mail, flipping through each letter with a hint of nonchalance as he strolled back to the kitchen. He was well aware that none of these were meant for him; occasionally, his grandparents sent letters containing word searches, but they always pre-notified via text. Despite this certainty, a faint longing lingered in the recesses of his mind, a small glimmer of hope that perhaps, by chance, one of these letters might just be addressed to him. It didn't matter from whom; he didn't possess many friends who preferred writing over texting.

Imagine his bewilderment when amidst the stack of mundane mail, Theodore stumbled upon an aged-looking envelope distinctly addressed to him. Staring at it in disbelief, he disregarded the rest of the letters, dropping them carelessly on the kitchen island. His head tilted slightly to the side, curiosity evident in his expression as he pondered the unexpected arrival of this peculiar letter, wondering what secrets it might hold within its weathered folds.

As Theodore turned the letter over, his gaze fixed on the crest situated above the wax seal. The word "Hogwarts" adorned the top, accompanied by an emblem displaying four distinct animals: a lion, a snake, a badger, and a crow. The letter's peculiar nature struck him, yet its aesthetic allure brought an unusual sense of comfort to Theodore. Carefully, he peeled off the wax seal, intent on preserving it due to its exquisite beauty, despite the letter's enigmatic origins.

With careful anticipation, Theodore gingerly extracted the letter from its folds, unfolding it to reveal the contents within. His eyes scanned the parchment adorned with elegant script:

"Dear Mr. Clementine,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress"

Perplexed by the mention of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Theodore found himself at a loss. Such a place had never registered in his knowledge or experience. With a casual shrug, he dismissed the notion, chalking it up to possibly being an elaborate prank or some unconventional marketing tactic devised by companies to promote their products.