Chapter 1

~Chapter 1~

"Hey, Isis you going to the party tonight?" Maya asks as she slams my locker shut. I jump startled but blush slightly because she caught me looking at Seth Hunte again. The most definitely hottest guy in school. I look away at him flirting with some cheerleader and looked at my best friend with a fake bored expression.

"Maya you know me, i don't do parties." I shrug it off and chanced another look at Seth.

"Ugh he's with Chastity now, such a bummer." Maya says faking a pouting at the couple. I try not to cringe when he obviously grabs her fake boob with his hand and bite at her lip. It crawls my skin yet soaks my underwear.

"He's so hot." I whine and can feel Maya cringing next to me. I sigh dramatically at the same time.

"Shit you better hide jerk-face number one is coming this way along with jerk-face number two." Maya says lowering her voice and facing the lockers. I look down the hall and sure enough jerk-face or commonly known as the guy who broke my heart and cheated on me was strolling towards us certain to make impact. i mimicked Maya even if we looked weird in the hallway. Jerk-face number one was Ethan my ex boyfriend and jerk-face number two was his best friend Taylor, extensive good looks, lots of money and totally has the hots for Maya. Before Ethan and i broke up there was speculation that they had hooked up or had even hooked up but when i found out of Ethan's infidelities Maya had sworn off Taylor but he wasn't taking it well.

"Hey Maya, Isis." Taylor calls from behind us. i squint at Maya

"We answering?" i whispered

"No just ignore and he'll move on." she whispers hurriedly back. He sighs dramatically, I watch as he props on the locker next to Maya and smirks at him. Most girls would have batted their eyelashes and giggled dumbly at him but Maya just gave him her signature straight face. I felt bad for him, in all honesty Taylor wasn't bad, he wasn't even bad looking, he had that signature blonde hair, those blue eyes and a surfer boy attitude he was mellow and captain of the Basketball team he was nice and sweet at times but also known to have a random hook-up here and there. Maya was just being too loyal to me and nothing i told her changed that.

"You know full well I will never ignore you." he says seriously, his smirk has disappeared and I can tell there's a hidden meaning there. I can't exactly see her whole face but her body tenses up and I can tell she knows what he's talking about.

"Hi Isis." Ethan suddenly speaks up. i almost jump because i forgot he was here. I didn't want to speak to him but being rude wasn't in my forte.

"Hey Ethan." I try to sound enthusiastic and smile but I'm sure it comes out dry and a grimace.

"How have you been?" he asks but I'm more focused on the whisper yelling Maya is doing at Taylor. I can pick out pieces of "He did this" and "You're just like him" but everything else is lost at me.

"Isis?" Ethan waves his hand in front of my face.

"Yeah" I say totally giving up on Taylor and Maya's conversation.

"How have you been?" he asks stressing his words like he was talking to a two year old. I shrug while rolling my eyes, his attempt at small talk was boring me.

"I've been good what about Amanda?" I ask cynically. He flinches at the jab i just took, calling the last girl he cheated on me with. Maya turns towards me and snarls at Ethan. Taylor runs his hand through his hair and I could tell he was frustrated.

"Boy's if you excuse us we have somewhere we need to be." Maya says pulling my arm down the hall. i was happy we were leaving them but when I look down the hall again my eyes connect with Seth's. He was looking at me and the look was enough to make a nun sin. I quickly turn around and look at Maya, trying to stop the blush that was creeping up my face.