𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞: 𝖋𝖆𝖉𝖊 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖔 𝖞𝖔𝖚 ~ 𝖒𝖆𝖟𝖟𝖞 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗

wednesday 24th march 1964

Silence.

That's all Connie heard as she stood racking her brain for an answer. She felt a million eyes on her and the pressure was weighing her down.

"Connie?" she heard. She blinked, not really sure of where she was or what she was doing right now. She knew her parents, uncle, cousin and Bolan were in the crowd. She couldn't see any of the boys though. She had been upset by that fact but she knew how hard it would be. Cynthia still arrived with Julian though so she was thankful.

"Sweetheart? Are you alright?" she heard Robbie ask. Nodding slowly, she turned to look at him. A concerned look overtook his features. "Connie," the priest said once more. "We need an answer. . . Do you take Robbie to be your husband?"

She gulped, her heart racing. A thousand voices went through her head at once.

Do it.

Marry him.

You'll never be happy with him.

Go to George.

But Robbie is a safe choice.

People are depending on you to say yes.

But what about your happiness?

She felt so overwhelmed with the pressure, she was practically gasping for a breath of air. Robbie took her hand in hers and - almost as if it was a natural reaction - she snatched her hand back. He wouldn't hold her hand in any other difficult situations, he never did. That told her what she needed to know.

"No"

The guests gasped in shock and all started to gossip amongst themselves.

"I can't marry you" she whispered. "What?" Robbie said, voice slightly raised causing Connie to flinch. Memories of the other day flooded her brain. Robbie getting mad at her ."what do you mean Connie?"

"I'm sorry Robbie, I don't love you" Connie said. "It's that fucking George, isn't it?!" Robbie's voice clearly showed he was getting irritated.

"Don't raise your voice at my daughter" demanded Charles as his and lily stood to join their said daughter. "It is George but you've always known that. Everyone has and I was just stupid enough to not realise it quicker. You don't appreciate or love like her does anyways" Connie spoke truthfully. She turned to leave, her heels clicking with each step she took. "Where do you think you're going?!" Robbie shouted.

"To find the man I love"

She walked over to Cynthia. "Hi," she smiled. "You wouldn't know where the boys are, would you?" Cyn nodded. "They're all at their own places, packing for tour tomorrow"

"Perfect, thankyou. I love your dress, you look stunning" Connie beamed and headed for the door. Just as she got to it a young girl came rushing through the door. Connie didn't recognise her so she assumed she was a fan of the boys. "If you're looking for the Beatles, they're not here" Connie advised her.

"No I'm looking for my boyfriend... Robbie"

Connie blinked. "What?" She breathed, looking over to Robbie who looked pale and wide eyed.

"Becky? What are you doing here?" the man asked. "You never called, never came to see me since Connie went to shoot a film" the girl answered.

Realisation kicked in. This Becky was Robbie's 'secret' and the reason he was so distant when he spoke to her over the phone.

"I need you Robbie, I'm pregnant" Becky cried.

Connie scoffed. "As pissed as I am about this, you can have him. He's not mine anymore, I've got someone so much better for me who will actually love just one woman" she spat and turned, walking through the big, wooden doors of the church. The sun shone brightly and Connie felt a big weight off her shoulders. She felt immensely proud of herself and even more so now that she knew Robbie was dad-bound. The girl looked quite young too. She must've been so scared especially with someone like him in the picture. Connie just hoped Robbie would treat Becky better.