Part 2- Sickness

There were rats along the street, two of which were currently fighting over a stray piece of bread. Why did he live in this neighborhood? and of course it started to rain, it was London, but that was the last thing that was needed in this moment. The darkness was consuming too fast, pick up speed, and you'll get there faster. 

Jekyll sighed as he took in the sight of his lab. It had been two days since he had consumed HJ-7, and he noted no effects. therefore, in his mind, it was a failure.
Dr. Jekyll's lab was one he wanted others to envy. The lab was in a secluded part of Jekyll's home, not accidentally either, Jekyll liked it that way so he could choose to hide away his experiments from the high-class society he was part of. The door was a large, dark, oak-colored door that was heavy and took a full force to push open. The big Double-hung windows on the far side of the lab, towards the front of his home, didn't give the best sights but gave Dr. Jekyll an amount of natural light to keep a few developing plants. One of which, in the corner of one of the windows, was starting to creep towards the top of the latch of the window like ivy. Between the two windows, there was a large blackboard that Jekyll had paid a sum of money to have installed it matched the door with its elaborate wood coloring. On the wall adjacent from the door were numerous shelves housing various beakers in many sizes and range of usage. On the wall that the door was on was a large desk filled with papers and tasks waiting to be fulfilled one day by the doctor. However, today was not that day. Today, as Jekyll took in the sight, he decided to simply leave it be. He needed relaxation. The doctor had, had an exhaustive day full of patients needing his care. He went to his bedroom and took off his shoes and vest before electing to go into his sitting room and ask the butler to bring him a glass of his finest wine. The butler was efficient, and Jekyll was soon looking at the red substance in the glass, swirling it around and watching the small red waves crash into the walls of the glass. The wine was smooth, leaving a slight burn in the doctors throat, but after a glass, he felt himself slip into a relaxed frame of mind. He felt at peace. If only he could feel that way forever.
In all honesty, in the last few days, the doctor had felt a little under the weather, nothing too concerning he didn't feel feverish just... different. He felt like something was stirring inside of him, he stomach doing cartwheels and his temper being worse by the day. Hopefully, he thought, I'm okay.
Jekyll swirled his wine again while he was in deep thought. He looked at the reflection staring back at him in the red liquid and sighed, "I shouldn't go to work Tommorow," He mumbled "whatever this sickness is, is causing me to not sleep. It's not fair to my patients for me not to be fully rested."
He got up onto his feet, electing to put a flyer on his front door with the note.
"Dr. Jekyll is not seeing patients on November 16th."
Hopefully, no questions would be asked. After all, it was just his stomach. No big deal. He then elected to go to bed... maybe sleep would keep the worrying away, too. However, as he got to his bedroom, he felt this... debilitating pain. He braced himself on the doorway, holding his head, "Dear God!" He said as he found himself in the worst pain he thought a man could experience. The "sickness" was about to fully show itself.