35.5 | 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚃𝚘 𝙼𝚎

~FELIX'S POV~

~FELIX'S POV~

The waiting felt like hell. Sunoo had forced me to step away, take a breath. But even then all I could focus on was listening intently for the sound of that first breath when he wakes. I couldn't put my mind on anything else.

"Hey, uhh, should we be worried about him?" I noticed Hyunjin looking down a hallway and stepped up to get a view. Only to see that one man Jaebeom had sent away just standing there leaning against the wall as he checked his nails. He was so casual about it. I think I remember the name to be Sunghoon, or something like that.

"Trust me, I can tell you right now you don't." The man spoke up, putting his hands in his pockets before turning towards the four of us and walking up the hall towards us. "I was honestly just waiting for that moron to get himself killed so he could be taken off my hands. I was tired of playing watch dog to him." He rolled his eyes as he looked at Jaebeom. "You failed Im. It's a shame really."

"Failed?" Sunoo piped up, confused as we all were now.

"This wasn't how it was supposed to go. There weren't supposed to be any deaths. It was to be peaceful. Felix was only supposed to be warned, but on a watch list. But Jaebeom... is heartless. Made this whole thing about revenge for a woman he didn't even know." Sunghoon shrugged.

We all went wide eyed. "Wait, you're telling me this was all for nothing. Why didn't you fucking stop it?"

"Hey, I was only his watch dog. I'm not allowed to intervene. We sit in silence and let them make their own choices to see which ones are the good and bad eggs. The bad ones eventually get themselves killed. And the way I see it no harm was really done. You're alive again." He gestured to Minho. "You get to spend eternity with your family and your lover." He nodded to Hyunjin. "You don't have to claim an idiot of a cousin anymore." Sunoo shrugged and nodded. "And you're about to turn your branded." He looked at me, filling me with a hope I probably didn't need.

"Then why participate?" Minho asked leaning back.

"The only thing I ever listened to Jaebeom on was holding this one hostage." He jerked his thumb at Sunoo. "I have a thing for blondes. Couldn't help myself."

I looked at Sunoo who turned bright pink at the blunt truth and he turned to walk away. "Oh fuck me. No thanks."

"You'll change your mind one day cutie." Sunghoon called after him. "But until that day, I'm out of here and good to y'all with... that." He made a disgusted look at Jaebeom. "And him." Then looked at Chris. "I'll be staying in the city for a while, if you ever need me for anything that is." He shrugged and waved before heading straight for the door with his hands casually in his pockets. Then he just disappeared out of sight.

"You're fucking kidding me." Hyunjin cursed under his breath. "All of this wasn't because of some outlaw against you. It was because he really is just a fucking monster. Isn't that just fucking great?"