Chapter 4 (Part 3)

~~~After 6 years~~~

In the Lan Clan, Lan Zhan is now 14. But his naughtiness had increased very much, he doesn't listen to anyone, does whatever the hell he wants, curses out to anyone, pulls up pranks on everyone. But even so, he never lacked off in his cultivation.

One day when as usual he sneaked up after 9 (past curfew) to drink Emperor's smile, he wandered around with alcohol in his hand. When suddenly he came across a group of people talking about the increased abundancy of demonic energy in the Burial Mounds. He had heard about this place, during one of his boring classes with his uncle. Although it always fascinated him to learn more about Yin energy. He first thought that he would go off tomorrow to go there but then he thought that tomorrow morning maybe his uncle would again nag him about one of his prankings or would give him punishments like writing some boring rules again and again, and within all these drama, he would forget about it. So it's better to go now. And so he set off to the Yilling.

When he reached Yilling, he first went straight the Burial Mounds. When he reached there it was all black, and even in night it was much more darkening. He already had 5 jars of Emperor's smile and felt quite dizzy. So went to an inn nearby the Mounds, booked a room decided to rest for the and would go explore tomorrow.

~~~Next morning~~~

The Lan Clan was surprisingly calm today, even Lan Qiren was frowning at the lack of complaints and pranks. He had woke up peacefully today, even his room was same like the day before, all his belongings were there too. Nothing was out of place. Has his boisterous nephew finally had his brain repaired? Or have the gods above have finally wishes to show mercy on his nephew and the Lan Clan? Or was this all just a moment of silence before the upcoming storm? He shuddered at his own thoughts. He immediately sent a disciple to go to Hanshi to call Lan Xichen.

This morning in Lan Clan was shockingly silent for Lan Xichen too, he didn't wake up to a bucket of water thrown on him. Or his underwear missing. His room was clean too, just like the night before. He suddenly heard a knock on his Hanshi, he composed himself and went to open the door. He saw a disciple standing outside.

The disciple bowed,"Good Morning Zewujun" Lan Xichen nodded and said with a small smile,"Good Morning, what happened? Any complaints?" "No Zewujun, Grandmaster Lan has asked for your presence in Yashi" (I am not exactly remembering if it was Lanshi, or Yashi, please correct me if I am wrng) "Ok, let's go" while walking he also checked his surroundings to see any pranks, or anything else. On his way, he went to the library too to search for Lan Wangji, but he wasn't there too 'strange' . When they were nearing the Lanshi, he turned and asked the disciple,"Have u seen Wangji?" The disciple at first shivered from the name cuz he was a victim of the pranks too but then he composed himself and said, "No Zewujun, even I have not seen Second Young Master Lan since the morning" Now this was concerning, he nodded to the disciple and signalled him to go.

He went to the Yashi and knocked on the door, after sometime there came a small "Come in" he went inside to see his uncle perfectly fine and peacefully drinking tea. He closed the door behind him, sat in front of his uncle and served him tea.

After a moment of silence, Lan Qiren looked to Lan Xichen as if communicating and saying, 'It was peaceful and silent for u too ri8?' . Lan Xichen too understood, and nodded his head as a 'Yes'. Lan Qiren then heaved a sigh of relief and said,"Do u have any place in mind which u could think of as to where he could be?" Lan Xichen thought and said,"Maybe he is still sleeping?" "No, he isn't there, I sent a disciple to check there, but he wasn't there. His bed was clean too, means he didn't return home yesterday." "Then maybe in the cold spring, cultivating?" "He isn't there too" "Then maybe in the town drinking, again?" Lan Qiren turned red, "THAT BRAT! I have told him not to drink, but he never listens to me. He is giving me a headache. I am getting old and it's tiring for me to always cover up for his mischief and pranks. Xichen! Do something!! Lan Xichen sighed and tried to console and calm his uncle so that he doesn't Qi deviate, although his Didi's pranks aren't harmful, still it is concerning.