Chapter 21

Half an hour later, Jisoo gave Taehyung an ibuprofen and a glass of water. She touched his forehead and felt that he was sweating.

The pill medicine also contained a sedative ingredient, so Taehyung soon fell asleep.

Feeling bored while watching over him, Jisoo went to the next room and brought back a book to Taehyung's room.

Taehyung had a dream.

In his dream, he married Jisoo.

But after marriage, he treated her coldly and cheated on her.

He even did many outrageous things without considering her feelings.

Eventually, he divorced her because she could not bear children and kicked her out.

Soon after, he married another woman.

When he regretted his decision, he found out that Jisoo had long since died...

The dream was too real, and Taehyung woke up drenched in sweat. He opened his eyes, still immersed in the pain of losing Jisoo.

The sadness and depression were like knives piercing his heart, making it hard for him to breathe.

He didn't expect a dream to be so overwhelming for him.

What was more surprising was that Jisoo had died in the dream.

"Taehyung, you're awake!" A gentle voice came from beside him.

It was Jennie.

Taehyung glanced at the clock on the wall and realized that it was already afternoon.

The sky outside was getting dark. Had he slept for so long?

Jennie's eyes were slightly red as if she had just cried.

"Jennie, aren't you at school?" Taehyung asked.

Jennie replied with a hint of grievance, "Taehyung, don't you remember? You said you would pick me up after school on Friday. I waited for you for a while but didn't see you, so I called Jimin and found out that you were sick. I rushed over immediately."

"I'm sorry. I forgot," Taehyung said as he closed his eyes and tried to recover from the dream that had felt too real to him.

"Are you feeling better now, Taehyung? Do you want some water?"

"No need," Taehyung replied.

"Okay." Jennie held his hand and quietly stayed by his side, seeing that he was in great discomfort.

At that moment, there was a knock at the door.

Taehyung opened his eyes and looked toward the door. "Come in."

"Taehyung, it's almost dinner. Are you feeling better?" It was Dara who came in.

Taehyung frowned involuntarily when he saw Dara.

"I'm doing better. Where is Jisoo?"

Dara replied, "She's downstairs, helping prepare dinner. Do you need to see her? Do you want me to call her for you?"

Jisoo?

Why did he mention Jisoo?

Taehyung placed his hand over his eyes and said wearily, "It's okay. Jennie, you should go have your dinner."

"After dinner, I'll come back and keep you company," Jennie said.

"Okay."

Jisoo was happy that she no longer had to serve Taehyung. She finished her meal and sat on the sofa, watching a variety show.