Chapter 6

After Taehyung left, Jisoo had a sound sleep.

The next day, Jisoo was awakened by the sound of footsteps pacing back and forth upstairs. She rolled over, opened her eyes, and didn't feel sleepy.

In her last life, she loved to sleep in and would get angry if she was woken up by someone. But now, when she was awakened, Jisoo strangely found that she wasn't mad at all.

She picked up her phone and checked the time. It was only just past eight o'clock.

Dara knew about her habit of sleeping in and usually wouldn't come upstairs to disturb her.

Jisoo put down her phone and forced herself to close her eyes and dozed off for a while longer.

Taehyung was a skeptical man. Jisoo was afraid that Taehyung would suspect her if she had changed a lot.

When she woke up again, it was already past eleven o'clock. Jisoo got up and brushed her teeth in the bathroom.

Dara knocked on the door a few times and walked in with freshly washed sheets. "Jisoo, lunch is ready. It may take a while to wait since Taehyung has to go out and will come over later to eat with you."

Jisoo nodded as she brushed her teeth. She washed her face and looked at herself in the mirror. She had a young and innocent face, and her skin was truly flawless. She had bright and intelligent eyes.

Her personality in her previous life was quite annoying. She was the kind that people would describe as a spoiled and willful rich lady. As the daughter of one of the most powerful and rich families, she could get whatever she wanted, even Taehyung. 

"Got it." She answered.

Since she didn't have to go out today, Jisoo wore pink floral long-sleeved pajamas with long pants and let her slightly curly hair down. Then, she went downstairs.

She walked up to the fridge to pour herself a glass of milk.

She could hear familiar voices chatting and laughing in the entrance hall. Who else could it be besides them?

Jisoo looked up and saw Taehyung with Jennie following behind him. Were they wearing his-and-hers outfits on purpose?

Taehyung usually wore dark-colored clothing, but he wore a white coat today. Jennie has become more beautiful over the years while receiving treatment abroad. She was dressed in a white dress, looking pure, like a princess. It was understandable why Taehyung had held her in his heart for so many years.

But Jisoo still felt a bit uncomfortable inside. Maybe she hadn't fully come to terms with Taehyung's status.

Jisoo just had a look at them and then moved her eyes away.

Taehyung leaned in close to Jennie's ear and whispered, "It's okay. Let's go eat."

Jennie flicked her long hair and was a little unsure of what to do with her hands. She nodded her head and handed over the gift she had brought for Jisoo, saying, "This is a gift I bought for you. I hope you like it."

Jisoo replied with a smile, "Thank you. Sit down and let's eat. Dara cooked a great meal today."

Perhaps even Jennie didn't expect that Jisoo would speak so kindly to her.

If it were in the past, Jisoo would have thrown the gift on the ground, grabbed Jennie's hair, and kicked her out. Then Taehyung would have stepped in to stop Jisoo and take Jennie away.

In her last life, Jisoo did exactly that and even scratched Jennie's face. Jisoo couldn't remember how Taehyung scolded her at that time. But she was sure that it definitely wasn't anything pleasant.

Jennie looked cautiously at Taehyung, who remained expressionless and didn't show any emotions.

Taehyung calmly handed the plate in his hand to Jennie and said gently, "Let's dig in. I'll take you to see if there's anything you want to buy after lunch."

Jennie obediently took the plate and spoke in a soft tone, "There's actually nothing I want to buy. I know you're busy, so you don't have to worry about me. Just deal with your business. I'll wait for you to come home after work."

Well, even though Taehyung is not a child of Jisoo's father, he considers him to be an important part of the family. Jisoo's father is getting older, he needs someone who will continue his empire and take care of their businesses when he's gone.

Taehyung picked up some food and put it on Jennie's plate. "It's okay. I took the day off just to spend time with you. There may not be many opportunities like this in the future."

They sat together, while Jisoo sat alone across from them. She showed no interest in their conversation.

Jisoo nodded as she ate, and Taehyung picked up a piece of chicken and put it on her plate. He asked, "You're really not coming out with us today?"

Jisoo thought, 'Us'?

Taehyung included himself and Jennie together. In his eyes, Jisoo was always an outsider.

'Why should I go out with you? To be the third wheel?' thought Jisoo.

In this life, Jisoo's first goal for herself was to stay away from Taehyung. So she declined Taehyung's offer.

She wore a faint smile and said, "No need. I still have to go over the lessons."

Jisoo didn't eat much. After wiping her mouth with a napkin, she stood up and walked upstairs.

As she turned around, her emotions slowly crumbled.

'Taehyung, in my last life, I was too obsessed with you and thought you were more important than my own life.'

'It was wrong of me to try to bind you to me through marriage.'

'In this life, I'll let you go, and I'll let myself go too.'

'I wish you both live a peaceful, joyful, and happy life together.'