•Chapter~13°

✨And so the adventures begins 💍✨

Author's POV

The Sharma home was filled with a lot of commotion.The entire house was decked out with a ton of vibrant strip lights, festive lighting inspired by the Diwali festival, and fresh marigolds that added to the peaceful atmosphere.

Everyone in the house was rushing, as if they needed to catch the next bus.

Women were constantly looking for misplaced earrings and other jewelry, or some of them were constantly pleating the pallu of their elaborate sarees because, in the end, looking best is all matters for them.

Men were not any less.They were time after time checking themselves in the bathroom wall mirror or fixing their hair style.

It seemed that soon the bathroom would be doorless at this rate.

And there came the bride to be draped in a silk saree.Her hair was in a messy updo causing some strands of her hair to fall on her face but still perfect in its own way.Kohl increased the beauty of her brown doe eyes and those diamonds stud earrings and black Bindi were adding more charms in her look.

She simply had the appearance of the brightest star in the night, one that could easily catch the eye of any stargazer with only a quick glance.

Which Arjun Singhania was definitely not doing as he busied himself in checking the countless Emails in his phone cause after over and over checking the time in his watch and found no glimpse of her.

"Can't I have a simple wedding ? Why must I waste so much time on these pointless tasks?"He thought as an crucial meeting in his office was waiting for him and he needed to attend it today.

When he heard the loud noise and finally realising that she has arrived he sighed a relief knowing now he'll get ride soon.

Unknowingly, their eyes collided, and it appeared as though a tiny spark would ignite between them. She quickly turned her face to the side, unable to look back into those black orbs that had the power to pierce her without even coming into contact with her.

Though rare people are skilled at reading people's eyes, his face hardly showed emotion. His eyes, however, spoke volumes.

And soon he diverted his gaze from her to his children who were comfortably sitting on their father's lap while playing with his tie but on a sudden he realised Aayan wasn't present there.He was missing!!!

He nearly experienced a panic attack, and his eyes darted to every corner of the home. He quickly discovered a small figure among the orphanage kids who had also been invited, and he did not mind at all.

He noticed that children were praising Aadrika's look and giving compliments. Aayan was also present, but he was imitating other children in her arms.The way they smile and show their admiration for her, or the way they praise her with their hands.

Suddenly, one of the girls, who appeared to be Aadrika's cousin, whispered something in her ear, causing her cheeks to become extremely hot and flushed.And looking at her state her cousin just smirked.

When little Aayan saw a smirk on her cousin face,he tried to lift his lips on the same way towards her cousin. Aadrika noticed it and gave him a full teeth smile which made him turn a shade of pink.

Arjun shook his head and the sound of incoming footsteps broke the chain of his thoughts.He noticed that the empty place beside him wasn't empty anymore as she occupied it.

And soon the rituals of engagement stared.The rings were then presented to them on a thali.She experienced a slight shiver down her spine as their hands accidentally touched during the formal exchange of rings.