First Date (Sokeefe)

(Ok guys, so idfk how to explain what the dresses look like, so i might just put pictures also.)

When Keefe asked her out she was surprised. MORE than surprised. She couldn't believe it. She had liked Fitz for so long, she hadn't thought about anything(or anyone) else. And definitely not in a romantic way. But the more she thought about it, Keefe was hot. Like, REALLY  hot. She was genuinely surprised he wasn't already dating someone. If she was really being honest, half the girls at their school swooned if he even breathed the same air as them, it was really funny actually! But enough rambling, she had a date to get ready for.

She called Biana over to help her with clothes, and because Sophie had no nice-ish clothes besides her Foxfire uniform, she also had her bring some over. 

Right now, Sophie was pacing, back and forth on her rug, waiting for her friend.

Then, the door bell rang. Sophie raced down the stairs two at a time, and yanked open the door so hard, she could've sworn she pulled a screw out. Grabbing Biana, she race back upstairs, against her friend's protest.

Biana, already out of breath, looked up at Sophie, huffing and puffing. "What the hell was that for???"

Sophie just rolled her eyes. She was genuinely surprised at herself, but she would never admit it herself. She wasn't really ever one for fancy dresses or make-up, but for some reason she couldn't figure out just quite yet, she really wanted to look good tonight.

"Okay, so here are you choices for dresses." Biana said, pulling 4 outfits out of a backpack around her shoulders. 

Immediately Sophie could rule out the black one

Immediately Sophie could rule out the black one. She would surely trip in that! It was way to frilly for her and too extra. The blue one was nice, but she doubted it was appropriate to wear a dress the color of her old crush's eyes to a date with his best friend. So, no to the teal. Both pink ones were pretty, but the darker pink one showed off more of her chest than she would like. The lighter pink one had flowy, long sleeves, and a two layered skirt with a small waves of ruffles at the bottom, covering everything, with a square neck covered in small little pink and white flowers.

Changing into the dress, she stepped out of her bathroom, and spun around for Biana to see. "What do you think, B?" She felt weird, shown off for everyone to see, judged by unseeing eyes. She couldn't shake the nervous feeling in her gut as she waited with anticipation for the brunette to respond. She hated the feeling of the scratchy material against her back, but what real options did she have? The other dresses were pretty but they were more Biana's style, not Sophie's.

Biana's silence gave her the answer she was dreading, confirming that she would have to wear the jumbled bunch of flowers and frills. With her friend's approval, she sat down in front of her mirror as Biana expertly braided her hair. She loosely braided her hair into two braids tied into ponytails at the start of her neck.

 She loosely braided her hair into two braids tied into ponytails at the start of her neck

While Biana grasped Sophie's shoulders, smiling over her head as she admired the girl gaping at the reflection in the mirror, the blonde only had one question on her mind.

"Who the hell is that girl?" She asked with wide eyes, not really expecting an answer.

Biana, being the supporting sister/bestie we all need, just replied with a light smile on her face, "That's you, Soph. You look fucking awesome!"

Sophie leaned against the doorway, grinning as she watched Keefe stride up to the house in the most uncomfortable outfit with two Starglass flowers(which Edaline told her was actually the main ingredient in Somnalene) in his hand, confidence obviously written all over his face. Classic Keefe. But she could tell, by the twitching of his fingers and the nervous laugh he gave her as her walked up, that he was just as scared as she was.

Hours later, she laughed as she stumbled into her house, waving goodbye to her date from the door as he could not come in since the time when he almost set their kitchen on fire, just by somehow tripping over their oven door. (Don't know how he did that ngl) She sighed, closing the door before kicking her sneaker thingies off and walking upstairs to head to bed. She had school tomorrow, and needed to be prepared. She could figure out what her and Keefe were in the morning but FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER (I'm sorry I love Frozen) she was genuinely tired and it wasn't because of some sedative Elwin had to give her.

I'M SO SORRY, I had writers block for like 3 months! I know, lame excuse right? But I really did and I kept telling myself, "you need to finish your chapters, you need to finish your chapters" but I just never got around to it. Also my parents are having a date night right now and I have nothing to do. So here ya go! I'm almost done with another one so it should be posted soon, and when I say soon I mean in the next week or so. Once again, so sorry!