Afterparty - Bonus Scene

After the personal talk they had, Neuvillette and Wriothesley stay a bit longer together under the radiant star-dotted sky.

It was late. No, was it early? It was hard to tell. The birthday party had ended a little over a while ago, and every single guest had already poured out of the Opera House, and back to their abodes. The city lights had been turned off by now, so the only source of light they had were the stars and the moon. It was oddly beautiful, one could say, how eerily fascinating the once busy city looked in the dark, under the sky. Everything was still, as if frozen in time, as the two men stood and bowed.

Another dance was in order, but this time there was no music, no audience, and no specific dance. It was just them, their love and their warmth. Hand in hand, the world melted away, as if in a dream and they were swept into the moment, guided by nothing but each other. 

As they pulled close, Neuvillette decided to give in to his impulsive thoughts. He reached up, and gingerly ran his finger across the scarred skin under Wriothesley's eye. Immediately conscious of his action, he withdrew his hand quickly, but his partner caught it with his hand. And just he did a few hours before, he planted a soft kiss onto the palm of Neuvillette's hand. Somehow, the gesture seemed even more intimate now, now that all feelings had come to light, now that were bare to eachother. 

"I apologize," Neuvillette breathed.

"It's okay, Monsieur. I liked it. You can do it again, if you wish."

"May I do something else?"

"I am yours, Neuvillette. I would let you do anything to me," Wriothesley stated, kissing his palm once more. 

The white-haired man hesitated, but only for a second, and brought his lips to the Duke's, his arms around the latter's neck. Though surprised, the Duke kissed him back, with equal if not more enthusiasm, placing his hands around his partner's waist. Only one word came to Neuvillette's mind. Just one. 

Charming.

Truly charming. 

~~~

A/N

As always, header art by my lovely yeobo san <3 

This was a pretty short fanfic, but I really hope I could do your art justice and I really really hope you liked it!!! 

Thank you so so much for reading till the end <3333 Please don't forget to vote or comment if you liked it ^^ Hopefully I'll be writing and publishing more fics here and on ao3 as soon as I get an account there. 

xx, Vance.