Set him free

'Good morning darling' Gavin said to me with a kiss. A year ago I would have shrieked to wake up with a man in my bed.

I didn't go to sleep with him; well I don't think I did... he must have sneaked in the window during the night; classic Gavin!

Every night I leave the hatch open and the window just a crack so that it wasn't noticeable to strangers but Gavin was able to sneak into my three bedroom house I share with my mum dad and my sister.

Gavin is 22 and i'm 17, my life goal is to get married to Gavin. I haven't put much thought into what happens after that but it is pretty obvious... going to college, what were you thinking.

Gavin has finished school now and is working part time at a mechanics in London, he is waiting for me to finish school and turn 18. He is saving up for our wedding which is sweet of him, but he does know that i will contribute right?

When he is determined he will get what he wants, but our wedding needs to be a big white expensive wedding. I have a fund for this with courtesy of my mum and dad.

Well... that's the thing my mum and dad know i'm going out with Gavin but they think that he's just a short-term boyfriend; but he's not, he is so much more than that to me.

so by the sounds of that they may not fund for the wedding; as they still think that it will be in 5 or more years time. Well they have another thing coming.

But no matter what when i turn 18 we will get married if it is like my dream or if it is in the slums, I don't care as long as my commitment is recognised.

No offence to Gavin; I love him and everything (which I think I have already proved to you) but I know he can't make that much money in a years time.

I appreciate Gavin's patience for waiting for me to grow-up; but I think he knows that it is worth it.(that may sound bias but true) However, in some relationships, at this stage the man may become tired or less-fond of the girl; so they would find a new, fresh one. Not in this relationship. I see him every single day.

I guess we are considered to be in the inbetween stage, but not really. We have progressed further than most relationships.

Although I trust Gavin, I don't see as often as I did, it used to be every single day. Maybe there is someone else... NO what am I thinking if I can't trust him  fully at this point in life how am I supposed to trust my hu-husband. - Still not used to that word.