A Day Out

"Thank you so much David this is such a perfect gift. You have been listening to this whole time about what I've wanted after all. I love you." Jennifer said to David.

"I love you to Jenn." David replied as he leaned down and gave her a gentle kiss across her lips. 

"Let's get these pearls off and put them back into the box they came in. I do not want to get them damaged and knowing me I will do exactly that. Here."

Jennifer unclasped the necklace around her neck and with care handed them back to David to put them away for safe keeping until their wedding.

The necklace was put away inside the box and was set back into their bedroom on her dresser. David came back and looked up at the clock in the living room. He had an idea to take her out today for some shopping to add onto her present.

"Jenn how would you feel about us going out shopping today? I haven't been home as much as I would like, and I can call in to call out for the rest of the day. We can spend time together today how do you feel about that?" He asked.

How did she feel about it? It was about time he made an effort for them to spend time together.

"I would love that. I better go get dressed then for a day out shopping. I am in my lounge around the house clothes." The both of them laughed. Jennifer was filled with excitement, happy that David was going to spend some time with her today. It has been the first time in a while they have been out to do anything together. She rushed into the bedroom and began searching through her closet for an outfit to wear. This outfit had to be casual for shopping, but also make her look nice for David. After scrambling to put together an outfit, she ended up choosing a cute floral black knee-high skirt with a button-down long sleeve shirt to match. Her entire outfit was black and pink, boots being the finishing touch.

"Alright David I am ready to go!" Jennifer came out of the room and didn't see him around. He hadn't even answered her.

"David?"

Jennifer walked into the kitchen with there being no real trace of him being there.

Where could he be? 

It was then that on the kitchen counter behind her she saw a yellow sticky note with a sentence and a smiley face. 

The note read:

"I am sorry Jenn, but I received an emergency call from work and had to run. I will make this up to you I promise. I love you, David."

"PS: I have also left you some cash with this note if you would like to treat yourself out today."

Jennifer took a deep sigh, upset that he just left out the door without telling her he had to leave. She ripped up the note in front of her tearing it into small yellow pieces and scooped it up into a pile. It was thrown into the nearby trash can beside the counter.

Just as they are getting good with each other he is gone. Again. 

She took the money he left for her off the counter and counted it to $300 in cash. Jennifer shook her head in disappointment as she gathered up her purse and coat. Before she left the house, she pulled out her phone and sent him a text message.

"David. We need to talk tomorrow. I will not be home tonight. Love, Jenn."

After that she buttoned up her coat, grabbed her keys and left to go have a day out on her own. She did this all the time so it wasn't that different for her, but she wished they could have had time together finally. Jennifer got into her car after locking the front door and drove herself to a nearby mall where she always went to shop. It was her favorite place and it had everything she ever wanted there. 

She was going to stay in a hotel tonight.