𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳

"𝘓𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘔𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘴𝘢, 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶."
.
.
.

[016]

[016]

You weren't exactly the best in hand-to-hand combat. You've been reminded that almost every single time. It's always when you're knocked down on your knees by your opponent that you'd envy your brunette best friend, Eren. His drive to always move forward was something that you could never have done even when you're life depended on it. Mikasa on the other hand, was the epitome of strength. Every time you guys would be paired up, she'd hesitate attacking you; if some certain case she ever did, she'd stop on her tracks and run up to you to inspect the place she came on contact with—concern visible in her features. For example, now.

"Y/n." Mikasa gently spoke, tugging on your sleeve to capture your attention from the ground. "Did I hurt you anywhere?"

You felt the beads of sweat rolling down your face. Even when she wasn't trying at all, you felt numb all over your body from her attacks. You didn't even notice she kneeled down to your side to take a closer look at your state. Letting out a groan, you turned your head up slightly to look at the ravenette. "I'm alright. Let's keep going."

At that, she frowned. "Take a rest, you look tired."

You didn't reply. Not like you even could as your breath still had not been fully recovered, but it was moments like this that made you wonder if you were even going to make it through the daily life of the scouts. All your efforts would go down the drain if you couldn't get stronger.

"C'mon, 'Kasa. Try this time. Please." You begged, pulling the nickname you've given her as a child whenever you wanted to convince her to do something you wanted. She still shook her head and got up from the ground, her features beginning to look more like her usual stoic demeanor. It was pointless going against her, as she kept reminding you that it was her main priority to keep you safe from harm; even from herself and especially from everyone else. Resisting the temptation to roll your eyes at her, you grumbled as you got up from the ground as well.

You guys walked back towards your friends, already seeing Eren and Armin training with one another. Eren had a confident smirk on his lips as he managed to pin the blonde on the ground, making you laugh quietly under your breath. Unlike you, Mikasa didn't have such a pleasant reaction.

"Eren, get off him." The ravenette beside you commanded, her face still devoid of emotion.

Eren immediately got up from the ground, uncharacteristically becoming more relaxed than usual. Meanwhile Armin gave her a thankful smile as he also got up from the ground, dusting off the dirt that stuck on his uniform. Eren let out a small huff as he turned his head to face you.