Chapter 17: The Ditch

Violet awoke the next day. i could tell she would. her breathing was getting better, and her pulse returned to normal. i was right next to her when it happened. her eyes slowly opened and she looked around.

"Jasani dont!" she yelled as she sat up.

i immidetly threw my arms around her. she was shaking. i felt horrible. i couldnt even imagine how she felt. that was her best friend.

"she's dying, she's dying!" she cried.

"Violet calm down baby please." i said concerned.

"Dad she needs help we need to go!" she said as she ripped off her pulse checkers. 

"Violet, Jasani is going to be okay," i told her. " the police will find her and take her back to her parents.

"No, No, no dad we have to go!"

i pressed the red button to alert the nurse and they quickly came in baring needles. violet looked at me with a horrible look of betrayal.

"dad please tell them Jasani needs help!" she cried.

"Violet, please calm down." the nurse said slightly worried.

"NO!" she screamed. "get me out of here!"

the nurse grabbed violet and shoved the needle into her arm. i wanted to die. it was hard watching the peices you built up after your life was destroyed fall down again in the worst way. my Vi was never the same. they nurses decieded to move her to the psychiatric ward for a few days after she attempted to hurt multiple nurses when they tried to calm her.

i wanted to visit her. she needed somebody to talk to. CJ had moved towns after Jasani's runaway and Ailiya wasnt allowed to see her after her parents found out.

we watched TV together. i liked when we did that. i guess this was just a bit different since i was in the psych ward. we had a good time. i loved my daughter. with all my heart. i just wish i couldve told her that before she died.

thats when something i had been dreading all day came on the news. i put my arm around her tightly preparing for a possible outburst.

"And just this morning the runaway 15 year old Jasani Craeworth has been found deceased in a ditch. reporters say that the young girl was alive when they found her but died only 28 seconds later. Jasani said one word and one word only. "violet."

Violet didnt scream or cry or hit. she just looked at me. she looked at me with the most disgusted, disapointed and angry face.

"i tried." she said. "nobody listened."