The First Steps!

Izuku Midoriya sighed as he took all his hero merchandise down after finally getting back home. His eyes puffy from having shed so many tears that he could flood the grand canyon. "I can't believe in heroes anymore. You were right all these years, Bakahoe. A useless deku like me has no hope of being a hero. Hell, not even All Might believes in me, and he says everyone can be a hero." He said as he finished packing it all up and went to his computer.

With a heavy sigh, he finalized the ad as he chose to sell all the merch. That was the only use it had anymore. His mother had easily deduced something was wrong, but she couldn't get through to her baby boy. It hurt seeing him so sad. Especially when she learned he was selling off his merch. She didn't know what to do as it looked as if he had received news that he was dying. She even made katsudon for him, but even that didn't cheer him up much. The night moved on, and Izuku didn't cheer up any.

But worse yet, he didn't even leave for school the next three days. She tried to get him to talk, but it was no use. He just clammed up. She sighed and grabbed her phone as she knew of one person who could bring him out of the funk he was in. It didn't take long before there was a knock on her door. She stood up and quickly made her way to let them in. Then she pointed to Izuku's room and waved them off.

Soon enough, they knocked on his door. Hearing the knock and knowing it wasn't his mother's, Izuku groaned as he got up. When he opened the door, he hadn't expected to see his aunt Mitsuki with a stern expression on her face. "A-Auntie? What armmph!" He was stopped by her placing two fingers to his lips with one hand and pointing to his bed with the other. Shaking, he walked back to his bed and sat down. Mitsuki took off her jacket and sat next to him.

"Why have you gotten rid of all your merch and refused to go back to school, Izuku?" Mitsuki asked as she looked to the empty room. Izuku tried to think of a way to say it without getting too much into detail, but he couldn't make up anything. He looked to Mitsuki, and when her kind eyes fell upon his own, tears began to fall. The last of his shields shattered before her kind gaze. He broke down and told her everything that he's suffered from the past 10 years, even the talk with All Might that broke him. For several hours, he bared his pain to the blonde woman. She, too, was in tears by the end.

By the time he finished speaking and the duo dried their eyes, she lifted his chin, so he was looking into her ruby eyes. "You should have told us Izuku. We would have never allowed the little shit to get away with this." She said with a serious look on her face. Izuku's eyes went wide at that as new tears formed. "H-How c-could I? H-He's your son, and I'm n-not even your r-real n-nephew." He said meekly to her. Mitsuki bopped him lightly on the head. "That's enough of that Izuku. Blood or not, you are my nephew. You are not someone who deserves any of what the little shit did to you. Do you understand me?" She said a bit of a growl in her voice.

Izuku nodded slowly as he rubbed his head. "Y-Yes auntie." He said as he sat next to her. "Understand this, Izuku. Quirk or no quirk, you are an honest, hard-working boy with a heart of gold. A genius level intellect who can diagnose quirks with frightening accuracy. Who has always been nice and helpful. Who always stood in the defense of everyone and who, even knowing the hell, my demonic shitstain of a son, did you still managed to buy him the air he needed as everyone watched doing nothing. If I know anything, Izuku, it's that you deep down are the very embodiment of a hero. Yes, you are quirkless, but as far as I am concerned, you are the best person I know, even including your mother." Mitsuki said as she cupped his cheeks.

Izuku nodded as he felt his heart soar at the praise of the woman. He smiled for the first time in days and wept happy tears. Kissing his forehead, Mitsuki smiled at her adorable nephew. "D-Do I have to g-go b-back to s-school?" He asked, stuttering harder than ever. Mitsuki took a few deep breaths before standing up. "Well, first, we need to go keep Inko from killing your teachers and the brat. Then we'll discuss things with her." She said, panicking Izuku, who raced out of his room, missing the trembling fists Mitsuki hid from the boy.