Third Floor

"I know you won't want to do this," Shin said. Your group had moved to the third floor and you were now sitting in Shin's bedroom. Sara had been asleep for a few days, and nothing had happened since. Were you safe?

No, far from it. It was only beginning.

"That's never a good way to start a conversation with me, Shin."

He hushed you, "S-Sorry... But, like I said... you can't call me that. Even when we're alone." He bit his lip, and you frowned, "But, uhm... I need... you to go find someone like... uh, not Keiji because... y'know. Maybe Miss Sara... or Reko? Ah... I don't know. Someone who can get things done. And I need you to tell them... that you walked into my room... and found me laying on the ground unconscious. ...Can you do that?"

You stared at your boyfriend. Who was he becoming?

"Why?"

"...I can't explain it right now. You'll... see... I feel like... I was really... an awful person during the Main Game. And that... will be used against me. I need... to forget."

"Forget?"

"Can you just... do it?"

You furrowed your eyebrows. You didn't understand.

"Yeah. I can do that. But you need to do something for me in return."

"Okay." He responded quickly. "What is it? Like... kiss you, or something?"

"No. You can do that on your own. I want you to explain why you're doing this. With the whole name thing."

"...Later. I'll do it later."

"Later, when?!" You sighed, "What if I die? What if you die?"

Shin looked away from you.

"...I'll do it. But you need to explain everything before we get the chance to die again."

"...Okay. I need to do something before you go through with that, though." He said, getting up and leaving the room. A few moments later, he came back.

"...Whenever you're ready."

~ * ~

"Oh... S-Sara..." You said after you ran out of Shin's room, feigning being worried. She had just come out of the monitor room with most of the group and looked very tired. Her eyes were red and she had dark bags underneath them. She smiled at the people who began talking to her in worried, urgent voices, but she seemed so bitter. You wondered if you should actually go through with whatever Shin was planning.

She turned to you and gave you a weak smile, "Y/N... you look nervous. Is... Is something wrong?" Her smile dropped and she only looked miserable now.

"...Uh... Sorry. You look... really tired. I can just... get your help later..." Accidental guilt trip. You had her jumping on your issues faster than she would've before.

"What's wrong? Is it Sou? We were about to go find him, actually..."

"...Uh... Well, I went to get food... and when I came back to... Sou's bedroom a few moments ago... he was... laying on the ground, unconscious." You repeated what he'd told you to say.

"I don't think it was him then..." She said to herself, but in a way that was meant for the whole group. "Can you take me to his room?"

You nodded your head. You led her to his room, and the rest of her group followed suit. You opened the door to see... what you'd told them.