Golden Hour

"The Sacrifice would probably need to be someone with a low amount of tokens, right? Cuz then they wouldn't be able to trade it away."

"Or it could've been someone with a lot of tokens because Sara wasn't the one who did the trade. If someone brought it onto themselves, they'd need enough tokens to do so."

"Well, since we know that you can trade other people's cards now, it doesn't matter whether or not the Sacrifice had a bunch of tokens or not. Meaning it really could be anyone."

"So it's possible that Sou might have the Sacrifice after all. On top of the 100 tokens he used to switch Kanna and Q-Taro's card, and then Sara and Kanna's, he had his own from the sub-game."

You were silent through every interaction. It wouldn't be easier for you to figure things out with everyone yelling over each other. You tried to reason things out in your head.

Kanna probably had the Sacrifice. Keiji had the Keymaster, and Q-Taro had the Sage. If so, both Nao and Shin were in jeopardy of being killed.

Would you lose everyone?

Kanna didn't really seem to be playing into the whole Sacrifice thing. She wasn't trying to manipulate everyone into voting for her, but maybe she was incapable of being... shitty.

So she'd rely on her brother, who'd already thrown his morality out the window days ago.

"It's probably not Nao, at the very least. She hasn't been acting strangely, and she couldn't have given the card to herself since she barely had any tokens."

...Or maybe she wasn't the Sacrifice. And if Keiji really was the Keymaster... then that would make Nao...

Nao furrowed her eyebrows. "You're gonna kill me with that reasoning?! Keep discussing, please!!"

...No. She couldn't be. Nao kept trying to deflect the votes away from her. It couldn't be her.

"She could've gotten the tokens from Reko or Sara. She's always with one of them, and they're not extremely perceptive. I'm sure Miss Reko would let her, too." Shin said.

"Ha?!" Reko shouted, "The fuck are you talking about? I didn't give Nao any of my tokens. I haven't spent a single one."

Sara nodded her head, "And I wasn't missing any. Nao couldn't have taken them. We're not getting anywhere with this prompt, though. We need to talk about what we were doing when the trade happened."

"I was sitting on the stairs," Nao said, "Sara can vouch for me... and so can Gin! I saw him run up and down the stairs a few times, and saw him speak to Sara."

"Yes. I saw Nao on the stairs. And Gin." Sara confirmed.

"I was working on the laptop..." Shin sighed, "And Y/N was with me, watching me try to figure things out."

"Reko and I were working with the Policeman to try and tear down the rocks," Alice said.

"I-I was just... wandering absentmindedly..." Kanna said. She didn't sound convincing.

...Would Shin lose his sister?

"Kanna, I don't remember seeing you anywhere." Sara said, "Like, Nao and Gin were on the stairs. Keiji, Alice, Reko, and Q-Taro were near the exit. Y/N and Sou were in the Winner's Room... you were the only one I hadn't seen at all."

Kanna hesitated to make up an excuse. "I was... I'd dropped something... earlier. So I... was looking for it."

"...Did you ever find it?"

"Uh... no. I didn't. I passed out before I was able to."

Sara dug in her pocket and grabbed out the phone that Shin had left the message on, "Was it this?" She asked. "The phone Kugie left for you?"