Chapter 3~I have a new friend!

I blinked several times as lights filtered through the window.  The shadow was still there. "Can you make breakfast soon Ambrose?"  I whispered.  The shadow moved and disappeared.  A few seconds later Ambrose walked into my room.  Arick had rolled over in the night, and now his arm and leg were pinning me to the bed.  Ambrose looked at this in disgust, crossing his arms.

     "Help!"  I wheezed, pretending to not be able to breathe.  Ambrose carefully picked me up and laid me on the couch across from my bed.  Putting his finger to his lips, he walked over to the bed, and took hold of the bed spread.  We had slept on top of it the night before because it was too hot.

      In one fluid movement, Ambrose pulled it out from under the two.  Mindy screamed as she and Arick sprawled onto the floor.

     "What's the big idea?!"  Arick yelled, jumping up and swatting in every direction except Ambrose’s.  He can be very cranky in the mornings.

     Ambrose chuckled.  "The idea is that it's time to get up, and you were crushing Alice to death."  He said before stalking, yes stalking, out of the room.

     "Oh, so cold!"  Arick said, fake shivering.  Mindy giggled.  I just shook my head.  Leaving the room, I immediately smelled biscuits.  My mouth began to water at the smell.

     "How did he know biscuits were my favorite?"  I said, nearly skipping down the stairs.  My two friends watched me, laughing at my childishness.

     "This is delicious!"  I exclaimed with a wide smile.  Ambrose had made breakfast pie out of the ingredients in the fridge. My favorite part was the biscuit crust.

     I cleaned my plate, then sat back contentedly.  Ambrose collected all of our plates and loaded them into the dish washer.

     "It didn't have a chance." Arick declared. “You may be an asshole, but your cooking is up to par Ambrose.”

      I smirked. “Takes one to know one.”  I said, laughing when he swatted at me.  “What? Don’t mess with my butler!”

      “It was good though.”  Mindy said with a nod of appreciation.  “Especially compared to Alice’s version of breakfast.” 

      Ambrose tapped my shoulder, making me jump out of my skin. "Sorry, but it is ten fifty-eight am.  I will help you dress, then you and your friends can go out for a bit.  I must stress that you return here by twelve.  It would be very helpful."  He said with a wink.  I nodded, understanding what he meant.  Leaning closer to her ear, he whispered.  "If anything happens, just say 'Ambrose, I order you to save me'.  I won’t be far off.”

     I froze, processing what he really meant in those words.  There was something out there that could get me. And it worried Ambrose. Great.

     Arick kicked his chair back and stretched. "I'm ready to go!'' He paused. “Where are we going?”

     Mindy snorted. "No, you’re not." She said, swatting him. He ducked and acted like Mindy was the evilest vixen he had ever seen.

     "I agree, go brush that black hair of yours!"  I scolded halfheartedly.  He huffed before stomping up the stairs.  I guarantee you he will use my brush instead of his that is in the bathroom.  All my friends had bathroom toiletries here since they stayer here so often.  Just thinking about it made me sigh.  It's like a community center here!

     Mindy gave Ambrose a wide berth before grabbing the keys to my mom's Camaro, the car they had an accident in. I flinched slightly.  I didn't like to ride in it, but I said nothing.  "I'll go start the car."  She announced.  "How about we go to that new department store down town that we didn't need?"