Morning Girl

Morning Girl

He never knew it was possible for him to fall in love with another girl. He, whom loved his wife so damn dearly. But then he did. And he fell for her the hard way, so madly, so deeply.

Mornin' girl, how'd ya sleep last night?

You're sev'ral ages older now

He patted her chocolate hair and kissed her forehead. He thumbed her tears and promised to never let her cry again. "Honey, stop crying." He called sweetly as he felt a fire of slight anger burning inside. It was past eleven, the night is young, but she's crying in his arms.

"But Daddy, it hurts." The girl smacked her chest to show her pain. Black orbs blurry from tears. She felt her Daddy pull her closer, making her rest on his lap. Just like before. Just like when she was little and innocent.

Your eyes have started showin' how

The little girl's growin' now

"I never made your Mom cry like this." He admitted as she combed her hair with his fingers. "I never let her go home with tears. He's not the man for you, Kadie." He wiped fresh tears from her face.

"But I love him, Dad. The way Mommy loves you." She held her Dad's hand.

But he smiled dearly at her. "You may love him the way Kathryn loves me. But he will never love you the way I did to your Mom."

Mornin' girl, was that you last night?

Crying on the radio

And it was her time to sulk. That man, she dreamed for him for the longest time. She loved her and gave everything to him. Sometimes she thinks that she was giving too much, or that she loves too much. But then she sees her parents, Kathryn and Daniel. They loved each other dearly. They wake up for each other each and every day. They make each other smile. They make each other live. Then it dawned to her. The man. He never looked at her the way her Dad looks at her Mom.

"Am I that hard to love, Dad?" She sobs.

He smiled a sweet smile, then made her sit again. "You don't remember the first day we met, right?"

Beggin' for a way to go

To go back where love wasn't jumbled so

"You and Mom? Of course not, Daddy." She scrunched her nose cutely and rubbed the itch.

"No, honey. You. The first time I saw you."

"No. Why?" She turned to her Dad who was walking away to her. He made his way to the carpeted floors down the hall of the living room. Then he stopped just in front of a table where holds boxed of standing pictures. He picked up one that shows Kadie - a little baby with red fluffy cheeks and red skin.

"This was the first time I saw you." Daniel made his way back again to his daughter. "I took this picture of you, after your Mom gave birth to you."

Oh, no, things are different now than they were before

You know love is more than kisses

A whole lot more

And now he wished to live again seventeen years back. During which he was twenty-three and young. And her wife, Kathryn was twenty-two and vibrant. They had their lives ahead of them. They were in loved and wild and strong-willed. They live in flashes and camera clicks. Until the day her doctor announced she was pregnant, without a husband. A taboo it was. People mocked them. Made stories and called them names. It was the darkest of time. They were losing hope. But loved made its way through their souls to guide them. They got married. Then she came. Kadie.

She was filled with blood and wet with liquid. But he cried. It was his daughter crying sweetly. He never knew she would be this beautiful or that he can feel any more beautiful with her around. He hugged her and swore from that day on, he would never make her feel unloved.

Mornin' girl, put your dreams away

And read your box of Cheerios

"I love you the way I love your Mom. You two are the most special people in my world." He hugged Kadie. "Honey, don't ever feel like you are less to be loved. Because you are not. I fell in love with you the moment you came out from your Mom. You are the most adorable person, even if it's three in the morning and you won't stop crying." They both giggled.

"I wish I find one of you soon, Daddy." And for the first time in that night, she smiled. "I wish one day, someone would be my Daniel. And I would be the happiest Kathryn."

And go out and find your man where the wild wind blows

Kathryn smiled somewhere beyond the staircase.

Morning girl