Act Of Bravery

Ding Dong

Before Izuku could ramble more about Aizawa's quirk, the doorbell caught the attention of everyone in the room. The boys quickly got away from the entrance and ran back to the rug in the living room, choosing that place as the designated safe zone. Aizawa on the other hand was quick to open the door.

"Delivery for Aizawa Shouta!" A cheerful girl was on the other side of the door holding multiple grocery bags on her arms along with some on the floor.

"Thank you for your work, I can take it from here," Aizawa said and the young woman passed over the bags in her arms to him.

"Hope you have a good day!" The lady said before departing.

"You boys want to help with the bags?" Aizawa called out as they eyed the bags on the floor. They both ran to the doorway, grabbing a bag each which was enough weight for them to carry.

Aizawa set the bags on the dining table, gently grabbing the bags from the boys' hands as they passed them to him. Aizawa tried his best to not come in contact with the kid's hands but his knuckles grazed Katsuki's as he retrieved the bag from him. As expected Bakugou recoiled his hand away from Aizawa which made the grown man kinda sad.

"Last one!" Izuku piped up as he ran to open the door, racing Katsuki for the last bag on the doorstep. Midoriya giggled as Bakugou ran after him quickly surpassing him in speed.

"Eek!" Izuku squeaked as he skidded to a stop behind Bakugou.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you, I just forgot a bag," The young woman from earlier said as she sheepishly extended an extra bag in front of the boys. Bakugou took a look at the bag but backed up, clasping his hands together, and holding it against his chest.

"Stranger!" Izuku called out to Aizawa. Izuku let out a distressed whine, his hands curling up to his chest like a t-rex.

"Just the delivery girl, go ahead and grab the bag," Aizawa assured the boy but Midoriya didn't budge, instead he grabbed onto the back of Bakugou's shirt for comfort, one of his hands still to his chest. Bakugou sneered and glared as he backed away from the girl, not liking the sudden social situation he was put in.

"Come on guys, I thought you were brave, you know like All Might," Aizawa said teasingly, testing the boys' skills to new situations. This however gave way to an amazing result.

Bakugou suddenly straightened up at the question of his bravery and took Aizawa's words as a challenge. Izuku also took on the weight of Aizawa's words and walked out from behind Katsuki. Regardless of the facade of Izuku's newfound confidence, the boy was shaking as he looked up to the delivery girl. His eyes met hers for a couple of brave seconds before getting overwhelmed and looking away. The two boys reached out their hands simultaneously up to the woman.

"Such brave boys," The young girl cooed at the two pouting boys in front of her. She set the bag in Izuku's hand which made Bakugou huff in annoyance, but then she set the bag on the floor into Katsuki's hands so he could also be rewarded for his bravery.

"Thank you," Izuku squeaked trying to give the woman a smile but it was too shaky so he stopped.

"T," Katsuki started, "T-tha, t-t." The boy stuttered the T sound over and over again, his lips quivering each time. The boy grasped the bag in his hand harder as he let out an angry growl.

"T- t t t," Katsuki stuttered again, his face getting red as he got angrier at every attempt.

Aizawa noted that his speech seemed to get more shaky in situations of high emotional distress. Starting with the uncomfortable feeling of speaking to a stranger then getting worse as he got annoyed with himself. The lady gave Bakugou a patient smile, a worried expression on her face as she noticed his struggle.